PDA

View Full Version : Fabric & leather coat application?

Chris@SEMD
11-20-2014, 01:09 AM
Looking for a little advice on proper technique for application of fabric coat on primarily floor mats & interior carpet. Just say its a new vehicle with 0 stains so no shampooing is necessary. Do you simply spray liberally on all the fabric that needs protecting or is it at all necessary to brush the product in with a small nylon bristle brush. The reason I ask is it seems that on a few test mats I've done the water will initially sit on top of the fabric but then seems to work its way between some fibers. What works for you guys. Thanks...

DARK HORSE
11-20-2014, 12:41 PM
Looking for a little advice on proper technique for application of fabric coat on primarily floor mats & interior carpet. Just say its a new vehicle with 0 stains so no shampooing is necessary. Do you simply spray liberally on all the fabric that needs protecting or is it at all necessary to brush the product in with a small nylon bristle brush. The reason I ask is it seems that on a few test mats I've done the water will initially sit on top of the fabric but then seems to work its way between some fibers. What works for you guys. Thanks...

Hi Chris,

Be sure the surface is clean, free of residue from any prior cleaning chemicals used, and fully dry before applying CQ F&L. Shake well and spray evenly across the surface. (No need to to brush in). Be SURE to give it plenty of time to Fully cure before use. Be sure it is FULLY dry. I typically wait at least 24-48 hours before any kind of water beading test.

Pureshine
11-20-2014, 08:45 PM
You can use a hair dryer to dry it faster.

Chris@SEMD
11-21-2014, 11:33 AM
Yea. That's the only other thing I could think is that the product hadn't fully dried yet. That's gotta be it. Thanks for the help!!

LI Detailers
11-29-2014, 02:11 PM
We have some patented new technology that we are using to apply products that could be the answer for this application and many more. We are doing tons of testing with crazy results!. 288

Chris@SEMD
11-29-2014, 09:19 PM
Yea, I was actually looking at your website last night & noticed that. It rings a bell now that you mention it. That's a very interesting looking device. Tell us more.