PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Product

dragon
12-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Hi Corey & et al,

New member here from Canada & with our current winter weather & poor excuse for a national postal service, I received some frozen product. It was from a Canadian reseller but not their fault, I fully blame the lazy or incompetent CanadaPost mailman or 3rd party contracted delivery person.
Without going into an entire diatribe & going postal on CanadaPost, long story short, if I thaw out on my frozen bottle of CarPro HydrO2, will it be okay to use after?

I also have a frozen bottle of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

Should I avoid ordering any product during the winter or are there any specific CarPro products that I should avoid ordering during the winter to not chance receiving frozen product?

dragon
12-01-2014, 07:13 PM
BTW I love every CarPro product I've tried so far!

Dr_Pain
12-01-2014, 09:36 PM
I've been in your situation a couple of times and can honestly say that my experience has been mixed. Some products look like they perform well regardless of being frozen, and some did not. Some look like they separated and was afraid that they were goner but after a vigorous shake, they emulsified back together and were unaffected in their performance and longevity. I don't have experience with either of the products you mentioned but I think that the inspect, test and evaluate your option would work about the same as with the products I used before.

Good luck!

BTW since this is your first post, :welcome:

Corey
12-02-2014, 01:52 AM
Hi Corey & et al,

New member here from Canada & with our current winter weather & poor excuse for a national postal service, I received some frozen product. It was from a Canadian reseller but not their fault, I fully blame the lazy or incompetent CanadaPost mailman or 3rd party contracted delivery person.
Without going into an entire diatribe & going postal on CanadaPost, long story short, if I thaw out on my frozen bottle of CarPro HydrO2, will it be okay to use after?

I also have a frozen bottle of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

Should I avoid ordering any product during the winter or are there any specific CarPro products that I should avoid ordering during the winter to not chance receiving frozen product?

Welcome to CPF! I'm impressed they were able to freeze Hydro2! Must be very cold! To answer you (I agree with the good doctor) it "should" be ok. Certainly it won't cause any harm and I would wager will work fine. I suppose at some extreme extreme temperature it could damage it but you should be good. You will know once you test.

As for products you don't want frozen it's a mixed bag all depending on what the temp will be. In general the freezing point of water of 32F is not enough to cause damage to most of the products but each freezes at a different point or at least most do. I would try to avoid freezing any of the coatings, traditional polymer sealants, and polishes but how badly it's frozen will affect whether it's damaged or not in most cases.