PDA

View Full Version : KEEPING the Suede MF from CQUK : Dilution of APC?

BlackCar
12-01-2014, 11:36 PM
Hey Guys,

I bought this Meguiar's Detailer All Purpose Cleaner http://www.oldetownautospa.ca/products/meguiars-detailer-all-purpose-cleaner-128-oz?variant=798921791 on purpuse to use the alkalin ph to kill the CQUK and reuse those suede MF.

Anyone knows what is the dilution of this APC in a bucket?

Thanks

fdresq4
12-02-2014, 12:50 AM
I used another brand of APC and used about 4 ounces to a gallon and a half of water. Using the 4 sided folding method, we ended up with 7-9 towels, I think. They soaked for a day, I kinda forgot about them. Then washed them all by themselves. Worked like a charm.
Hope this helps. Just be sure to get the used towel right in the bucket of APC mix as soon as you are done.

Steve

Corey
12-02-2014, 03:49 AM
Great tips and info ^^
Thanks Steve!

Dr_Pain
12-02-2014, 01:10 PM
Actually they are so inexpensive that analyzing the cost of APC, a seperate wash + chemicals, and the time spent on cleaning them did not produce enough savings to make it worth it. Do the math yourself :)

Buy new suede MF towels and keep Corey in business!!LOL!

http://recruitingdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2014/11/do-the-math.jpg

BlackCar
12-04-2014, 03:06 AM
Actually they are so inexpensive that analyzing the cost of APC, a seperate wash + chemicals, and the time spent on cleaning them did not produce enough savings to make it worth it. Do the math yourself :)

Buy new suede MF towels and keep Corey in business!!LOL!

http://recruitingdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2014/11/do-the-math.jpg

Corey is being very helpful!! And I will on purpose drive to USA (from Canada) because I will order from him!!

The reason why I ask this is because I always keep getting interruped while doing a car work, just to apply cquk, it can takes me 1 month to do the whole car.. So I will ended up using 100$ of suede just for 1 car, which for me is too much.

Dr_Pain
12-04-2014, 01:38 PM
Corey is being very helpful!! And I will on purpose drive to USA (from Canada) because I will order from him!!

The reason why I ask this is because I always keep getting interruped while doing a car work, just to apply cquk, it can takes me 1 month to do the whole car.. So I will ended up using 100$ of suede just for 1 car, which for me is too much.

I COMPLETELY understand! I do use the CarPro Boas as my final wipedown after coating and do treat those with an APC dilution and soak them until I get a chance to clean them. No problems so far, however I think it is a little different for the suede MF because from what I understand they are "treated". I am not 100% sure what it means but I would assume that APC would degrade that "treatment". I guess Corey will need to chime in on this one though.

BlackCar
12-05-2014, 07:23 AM
I used another brand of APC and used about 4 ounces to a gallon and a half of water. Using the 4 sided folding method, we ended up with 7-9 towels, I think. They soaked for a day, I kinda forgot about them. Then washed them all by themselves. Worked like a charm.
Hope this helps. Just be sure to get the used towel right in the bucket of APC mix as soon as you are done.

Steve

how did you wash the suede after 24 of soaking? by hands? what soap?