PDA

View Full Version : APC question

ddvette9
12-02-2014, 03:42 PM
Just finishing my Chemical Guys All Clean+ citrus cleaner. Looking to move on to something else. Post your suggestions. Here are my qualifications.

1. Safe to use on lower panels of car paint and around emblems, license plates and front grilles with a boars hair brush that wont eat through clear coat and wont strip lsps a whole lot.

2. Dilutable and cost effective

3. Tough enough to clean wheel wells and road grime around the rocker panels and wheel wells.

4. NOT using on interior, exterior only.

5. Paint safe yet tough on dirt and grease

Chemical Guys All Clean was cheap, dilutable and seemed safe enough. Just looking for something a little better.

Really have my eye on auto finesse citrus power but not dilutable so not very cost effective.

Right now leaning towards Optimum power clean......but still up in the air.

Sherif
12-02-2014, 07:03 PM
After using both, I think OPC has more cleaning power at the recommended dilution and it's paint safe (I trust Optimum)..
All Clean+ is not as powerful at the 1:10 dilution but it's good enough for average use and you can change the dilution to 1:5 for tough jobs but I'm not sure how safe is it at that dilution..
So All Clean+ is good enough and economical, OPC is better in cleaning and more paint safe but not economical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr_Pain
12-02-2014, 07:10 PM
My "cheap" go to APC has been the Meg D101 but recently bought some Scholl Bubble Pudding, which I can't wait to try and review LINK HERE!!! (http://www.carpro-us.com/auto-wash/scholl-concepts-bubble-pudding-apc-concentrate-1-liter/)

fdresq4
12-02-2014, 07:14 PM
D,

I have used OPC and I don't care for the smell. It does a good job but Car Pro, If I remember, should be coming out with an APC. Megs makes a few, D 101, 103, and 108 that seem pretty popular. All three are cheaper than OPC by the gallon. The 108 is the one you may want to look at. 3D/HD makes a one too called 3D APC Citrus Cleaner.
OPC is about $35 a gallon whereas the others are $15-$20 a gallon. As far as dilution, sometimes that is hard to say depending on what you are cleaning and the severity of "filth."

Finally, I have not tried it but seems but it is sold here and I will try it...

http://www.carpro-us.com/auto-wash/scholl-concepts-bubble-pudding-apc-concentrate-1-liter/

Hope this helps...

Steve

fdresq4
12-03-2014, 08:46 AM
why not try AF's Verso? They say 5:1 for external, probably could dilute it even more. I was in the same boat as you and ran out of All Clean+, I didn't pay good enough attention and ended up ordering Citrus Power. I've heard some good things about 1Z Einszett Blitz. My next order will be one of those 2. Or, even without it being dilutable depending on how Cirtus Power works for me, I might spring on the 5 liter size. More than likely I'll go on to try Verso & Blitz though.

Q,

Forgot about that one. Auto Finesses' Avalanche Soap is a favorite of mine. Great cleaning ability when I use it in the cannon.

EVOlved
12-03-2014, 04:34 PM
I use D101 as 103 was no longer available when I got the bug. I keep thinking I'm going to try OPC but I just got my gallon of 101 for somewhere around $10 so 101 it will be for the foreseeable future for me. It works well for just about everything I have tried it on (tires, wheels, wells, interior work, around the house..).

fdresq4
12-03-2014, 09:30 PM
I use D101 as 103 was no longer available when I got the bug. I keep thinking I'm going to try OPC but I just got my gallon of 101 for somewhere around $10 so 101 it will be for the foreseeable future for me. It works well for just about everything I have tried it on (tires, wheels, wells, interior work, around the house..).

Cool. I try and buy during sales. Like I mentioned, for me, I don't care for the scent and it is pricey.

ZL1 Mark
12-04-2014, 12:59 AM
Shine Supply Solution.

Pureshine
12-04-2014, 02:03 AM
I still use meg's D103 I can get in 5 gallon size when I run out will try Scholl Bubble Pudding

ddvette9
12-04-2014, 10:36 AM
For those recommending d101. How paint safe is it (pH level,harsh additives) and also what are some general dilution ratios for lower body panels, bugs on front bumper, and tires and wheels.

Rick
12-06-2014, 12:05 AM
BLITZ or D101