PDA

View Full Version : Replacing the Oxygen

Cooter
12-06-2014, 04:36 AM
A service member was a total f—up, to put it gently. Couldn’t be on time, couldn’t show up dressed to standards, constantly forgot professional courtesies, so on. When he was on his last straw, his squad leader pulled him aside and more or less started yelling, then stopped himself.

“No. You know what? I’m done yelling at you. It doesn’t work. Stay right here; don’t go anywhere.” He stormed off into the company building. The phrase, “stay right here, don’t go anywhere” is typically the precursor to something horrible happening when said in anger. The squad leader eventually emerged carrying a small-ish potted tree, which he handed to the service member.

“You will keep this tree alive. You will carry this with you wherever you go in uniform. You will take it to PT, you will take it to chow, you will take it to work. If anyone asks you why you’re carrying this f—ing tree around, you will tell them, ‘It’s to replace the oxygen I stole from everyone else.’ “

Probably the funniest punishment I’ve ever seen, and we’ll never see it again (because you’re not allowed to do that).

DARK HORSE
12-06-2014, 12:35 PM
I love it, that's great Heath!!

Dr Oldz
12-07-2014, 04:57 AM
OMFG!! We should see about 90% of the population walking around with a tree!!

Nice Heath!!!!

Dr_Pain
12-08-2014, 03:45 AM
Creative punishment.... I need to try that LOL!