PDA

View Full Version : Reset & IX-Soap - Which do you prefer?

Wors
06-13-2014, 01:32 PM
IX-Soap is my favorite soap for cleaning and prepping a vehicle for a coating. IMO it cuts right through the grime better than other soaps I have used.

Can someone provide some feedback on Reset as I have not used it yet. Can it be used in a Foam Gun/Cannon? Does anyone prefer this over IX-Soap to prep a vehicle for a coating?

Zach McGovern
06-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Reset is a fantastic maintenance soap for vehicles that have been coated. I don't personally use it as a prep shampoo, although I suppose it would work fine.

To me, IXSS is a great prep shampoo, Reset is meant for maintenance. Reset does work in a foam lance, but the foam is not as thick as many other shampoos, nor does it cling as long in my experience. I prefer to simply use it in a bucket.

TroyScherer
06-13-2014, 04:01 PM
I think I would stick with IXSS for coating prep washing as it cleans and removes and iron deposits.

I have had the opportunity to use Reset once so far and to say I was impressed would be an understatement. I had 6 month old CQUK that was lacking in general on the sides of a car as it came through winter. I had used many other soaps (some gloss enhancing some that "leave nothing") to wash it and I always assumed it was clean and that the CQUK wash failing. Once wash with Reset and everything went back to Day 10... Super beading and sheeting had returned returned.

Greg
06-13-2014, 08:01 PM
How is everyone using the IXSS? Foam lance? In a bucket? Most of the time, I just pump a few squirts into my wash mitt, and wash panel by panel, rinsing my mitt in between. The dilution ratio of IXSS is not that great (1:8) and its fairly expensive to use for things other than pre-coating washes.

Wors
06-13-2014, 11:06 PM
Reset is a fantastic maintenance soap for vehicles that have been coated. I don't personally use it as a prep shampoo, although I suppose it would work fine.

To me, IXSS is a great prep shampoo, Reset is meant for maintenance. Reset does work in a foam lance, but the foam is not as thick as many other shampoos, nor does it cling as long in my experience. I prefer to simply use it in a bucket.

Good to know Reset does not work well in a foam cannon.

I think I would stick with IXSS for coating prep washing as it cleans and removes and iron deposits.

I have had the opportunity to use Reset once so far and to say I was impressed would be an understatement. I had 6 month old CQUK that was lacking in general on the sides of a car as it came through winter. I had used many other soaps (some gloss enhancing some that "leave nothing") to wash it and I always assumed it was clean and that the CQUK wash failing. Once wash with Reset and everything went back to Day 10... Super beading and sheeting had returned returned.

Sounds like Reset is the shampoo to use for coated vehicles.

How is everyone using the IXSS? Foam lance? In a bucket? Most of the time, I just pump a few squirts into my wash mitt, and wash panel by panel, rinsing my mitt in between. The dilution ratio of IXSS is not that great (1:8) and its fairly expensive to use for things other than pre-coating washes.

I have used IXSS in a foam cannon and it works great. The pump direct on the wash mitt is a method I need to try. Do you see IXSS reacting with iron deposits when used that way?

GreatAvalon
06-13-2014, 11:39 PM

That's great feedback. Glad I just got some Reset for my UK'd vehicles.

Andres Bravo
06-14-2014, 12:03 PM
I recommend Reset for maintenance and IX soap for heavy cleaning or prep for coating.

Wors
06-14-2014, 12:17 PM
I am thinking foam a vehicle with IXSS and then use Reset for two bucket wash. That combo would prep or clean a vehicle great.

GreatAvalon
06-14-2014, 04:13 PM
So ISXX is safe for UK? Maybe like at 6 month intervals to refresh?

Merlin
06-14-2014, 04:52 PM
I just did my first two bucket wash with Reset on paint coated with CQF.
I stood there and played with the water hose (rinsing it off) for ten minutes.
The beading and sheeting was a FUN experience and visual pleasure to behold.

It may be best when using IXSS to squirt the mitt but I put it in the wash bucket.
For me I get plenty of suds and lots of lubricity when washing the paint with IXSS.
I will admit that on a prep job I do follow IXSS with IX LS spray on all the paint.

Avi@CP
06-14-2014, 04:56 PM
Reset is a great shampoo for any car, not only coated. once you diluted it 1:400 or 1:500 its almost pH neutral, like any safe shampoo that you would use .
we didnt made it only for car coated, any car wash will be glad to have it :-)