PDA

View Full Version : Non-Scholl pads with Scholl products

LostHighway
06-16-2014, 12:57 PM
What are people using and liking with Scholl polishes and DAs?

I have been using S40 and S17+ off and on for a while now. I do have the Scholl orange pads, but I've also been playing the LC HT pads and my go-to BnS foam pads. The LC HT Crimson seems to work fairly well with S40. Has anyone used the new neo spider "honey" finishing pad yet? I don't use S17+ all that often but it does seem to like firmer pads whether they are open cell or closed cell. 90%+ of my work is on Japanese cars. Other than an occasional Chevy/GMC pickup I don't see much hard paint.

Corey, what are the prospects of CarPro USA picking up S20 Blue? I haven't seen it in the States yet despite being out for over a year in Europe. The guys in Europe are reporting that it is often a better choice than S17+ on softer paints when 30 or 40 aren't enough.
I wouldn't mind seeing Rim 7 show up here too.

Corey
06-18-2014, 05:19 AM
What are people using and liking with Scholl polishes and DAs?

I have been using S40 and S17+ off and on for a while now. I do have the Scholl orange pads, but I've also been playing the LC HT pads and my go-to BnS foam pads. The LC HT Crimson seems to work fairly well with S40. Has anyone used the new neo spider "honey" finishing pad yet? I don't use S17+ all that often but it does seem to like firmer pads whether they are open cell or closed cell. 90%+ of my work is on Japanese cars. Other than an occasional Chevy/GMC pickup I don't see much hard paint.

Corey, what are the prospects of CarPro USA picking up S20 Blue? I haven't seen it in the States yet despite being out for over a year in Europe. The guys in Europe are reporting that it is often a better choice than S17+ on softer paints when 30 or 40 aren't enough.
I wouldn't mind seeing Rim 7 show up here too.

Bruce! Prospects are slim under current regulations that make zero sense. In fact... there are a couple items I had to pull off shelves thanks to the make believe laws of our nation. So, to answer you S20 Blue and S20 Black (both of which I attempted to order) are not possible currently. However Scholl Concepts is working to lower the VOC to what the US will allow for import. A friend of mine explained these laws and turns out (in short) its a lot of baloney and trickery in which an honest company cannot send these items in even though the current US laws are not accounting for much that truly matters. The laws actually make no sense.

RIM 7 is in the Atlantic somewhere and will be showing up soon -

The NEO honey spider pad is THE best finishing pad I have ever touched (as the Spider Pad is the best all around Cutting Pad I have touched) Seriously wonderful... both of them.

To answer your question, I have used S3 on a yellow B&S pad and had incredible results! Not as incredible as Spider pad but beyond the spider pad its probably the best combo I have used combining cut and finish.

Andres Bravo
06-20-2014, 01:30 AM
I have used S3 with Meguiar's microfiber cutting pad, Buff and Shine foam and microfiber cutting, CarPro Cool Pad; all with great success. S3 and Spider pad is an amazing combination. Great cutting and finishing, and it stays cool with a long working time. I am using more and more S3 and finishing with Reflect.

Wors
06-20-2014, 01:33 AM
I have used S3 with Meguiar's microfiber cutting pad, Buff and Shine foam and microfiber cutting, CarPro Cool Pad; all with great success. S3 and Spider pad is an amazing combination. Great cutting and finishing, and it stays cool with a long working time. I am using more and more S3 and finishing with Reflect.

S3 & Reflect make an amazing combo.

mohebmhanna
06-29-2014, 04:04 AM
Is the NEO spider pad could be used with S17, S20, S30 and S40 or its designed for S3 Gold only

Corey
06-29-2014, 03:46 PM
Is the NEO spider pad could be used with S17, S20, S30 and S40 or its designed for S3 Gold only

It can be used with any of them for sure. Although I would use honey spider with s40 and maybe s30 depending.