PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Madness help part 2!

Rick
12-26-2014, 10:59 PM
I think I know the answer to this one. Consider this therapy!
I was doing a rinse-less wash today with two of the best products on the planet.
UWW+ and my Summit 800 towels.
I did this in a new location that had a lot of leaf debris on the ground and when I was done washing I dropped a hand full of my 800 towels on the ground and they held onto a whole lot of tiny leaf debris really really well.
I have been soaking these one at a time in a bucket with hot water and gently pulling them out to dump the debris out of the water and I will repeat until I am satisfied.
Can I use these for Rinse-less / Waterless again or do I need to retire these?
Paint looks great but the towels don't...:(

fdresq4
12-26-2014, 11:42 PM
Try washing them a couple of times. I have heard of people combing their towels. Depending on the debris,besides leaves, I would retire them but that's me.

DARK HORSE
12-26-2014, 11:46 PM
I'm sorry to say, but if it were me those towels would NEVER see paint again. My condolences to you, sorry for your loss.

Rick
12-27-2014, 12:05 AM
I will still continue to soak then wash them individually and see how they turn out. They will make one heck of an engine towel!
I loved rinse-less winter washes until now!
I will try a fine tooth comb when they are dry. Best towels ever!

fdresq4
12-27-2014, 12:11 AM
I know how you feel. One day, I dropped 3 clay bars...not a good day. They are great towels and don't let it get you down.

DARK HORSE
12-27-2014, 12:40 AM
I will still continue to soak then wash them individually and see how they turn out. They will make one heck of an engine towel!
I loved rinse-less winter washes until now!
I will try a fine tooth comb when they are dry. Best towels ever!

Even if you are able to get everything you can "see" out of them most likely there will be very small particles left behind that you cannot see. It is highly advised that you do not use microfiber on paint that has ever been dropped on the ground.

Dr Oldz
12-27-2014, 06:31 AM
I wouldn't use them. I have learned my lesson too many times. But if you must use them(not suggested!!!) washing is good but multiple runs in the dryer is what really releases the paticles. Even then MF towels will hold on to debris. Good engine bay towels now tho :(