PDA

View Full Version : CQuartz UK'd all my new Wheels today

Mark
07-05-2014, 12:17 AM
Used almost a 1/3rd of a 50ml bottle of the 2014 potion! LOL
Yeah, but these wheels are sort of large, 22"x9" Chrome Factory Repros, and did them in and out, and even the 24 new Lugs and Locks for my Tahoe.

Probably went a bit heavy, but wanted to insure total coverage on them.

The Nitto 421Q Tires in 285/45-20 were mounted yesterday, and the Lugs came yesterday as well.

This morning cleaned everything up. removing mucho tape adhesive residue fro the tires, Paint Thinner was the only thing that would remove it from the tires, mostly the back sidewall, and treads. Then tires were scrubbed with an APC, and a wash down with Duragloss Shampoo, water, wiped dry.

Brought inside, in AC comfort today (it's hot here!) wiped down all chrome wheels with 70% IPA first, then Carpro Eraser, then applied the UK Coating.

All came out beautiful, they are all curing as I type. I think I'll let them sit a good couple days before hitting with Reload, and then treating the Tires to a application of PERL.

Can't wait to get these wheels-tires mounted up, but I'm being patient, letting that UK set up good and hard first.

Hoping another nice sale comes up soon, want to buy some more UK, and some other great Carpro goodies!

(PS, the wheels on my Tahoe in the Avatar are old 16x8's, they'll soon be history!)
Mark

ChrisDA
07-05-2014, 01:54 AM
Awesome, but why did you forget the pictures? lol

Corey
07-05-2014, 01:57 AM
Thanks for posting Mark! Sounds like a lot of fun!

You just let me know if we don't have a sale by the time you need that UK and I'll make sure we get something setup nice in time.

James
07-05-2014, 02:18 AM
Cant wait to see the pics Mark!

Mark
07-26-2014, 09:11 PM

Finally took some more pics today under my carport with a smaller file size so you folks could see.

Washed the covercraft cover on it today, and that was an effort, larger than a ten man tent, and it's 100 degrees here.

ChrisDA
07-26-2014, 11:07 PM

Finally took some more pics today under my carport with a smaller file size so you folks could see.

Washed the covercraft cover on it today, and that was an effort, larger than a ten man tent, and it's 100 degrees here.

Mark, you uploaded pictures! :)

Mark
07-27-2014, 12:04 AM
Wonders will never cease, huh! ;)

Crappy setting for my ride, sorry. Still not CQuartz'd though, but hopefully soon

Hope I don't need a gallon of Eraser to get all the other goodies off the paint!
LOL

PS: Just too murderously hot here, my 59 years of age can't seem to tolerate it anymore. This weather here would kill an Olympic athlete! Cooler weather will come!
Then, the CP UK Coating will hopefully still be good, and be lovingly slathered on!

Corey
07-27-2014, 02:27 AM
Sweet pics! :):)

Just keep the UK closed tightly and inside your house and it will be fine to wait a few months if you prefer.

Swanicyouth
07-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Truck looks sweet.

DARK HORSE
07-27-2014, 07:49 PM
Very nice Mark!

EVOlved
07-28-2014, 02:56 AM
Finally got to see :D ! Congrats on the upgrade looks great!

Mark
09-18-2014, 12:07 PM
Since I've owned the new wheels, they've gotten a little dirty of course, if just rain a simple wipedown with clear water, and an MF Towel has basically been all that was needed.

A couple times though with washing the other car, I've gotten some water spotting from the garden hose, and this last time I washed first, got the dirts off, then used CP Spotless "neat", just sprayed a squirt or two onto a soft applicator sponge, gently massage on, let dwell a short moment, then wipe clean with more clear warm water and a wrung out MF Towel again.

I assume using it neat on chrome wheels is OK? (as mentioned earlier they are CQ UK'd and Reloaded)

When done, I gave them a nice touch up application of Reload again, and of course all looked just great.
Mark

Mark
09-18-2014, 12:26 PM
Sweet pics! :):)

Just keep the UK closed tightly and inside your house and it will be fine to wait a few months if you prefer.

Hi Corey, just a quick note, and tip about how "tightly" closed one should apply on the bottles of either CQuartz, or CQuartz DLX.

From the very first bottle of DLX I ever used a good year or more ago, I never disposed of the old bottle. I simply put it back capped in the CP Ziplock Bag as there was a brand new applicator and maybe one MF Sheet left from the Kit.

When rummaging though all my CP goodies earlier in the week to do the UK application on the truck's paint, I came upon this old bottle, and noted that the plastic cap had cracked and separated-parted into two pieces.

The reason no doubt was a little bit "too much" over-tightening of the bottle. No loss, since the bottle was totally empty, but just a heads up to all you reading this, to be careful to not over-tighten the plastic caps, to just insure they are properly screwed home, and not excessively with gorilla like force.

After seeing this, I made sure to go back and checked the cap on the remaining 1/3rd of my first bottle of UK, and the remainder of my second bottle of DLX which has about 1/2 left, that I didn't tighten them like a maniac.
Mark

Corey
09-22-2014, 03:26 AM
Thanks for sharing this Mark!! Very good info. I'm aware of this but many people I'm sure are not!! Thanks to you they are now. Much appreciated!!

Mark
10-03-2014, 11:56 PM
Tomorrow's the big day hopefully, another ongoing step with CQ UK on the Tahoe! (Weather permitting which so far all looks good!)

Tomorrow I set out to do the hardest part of the Truck, the Roof. Dreading this back breaker on a ladder but the time has come! Heck, I got so much UK on hand, I might start doing the undercarriage next! LOL

Another fresh unopened Bottle, just laying in the wings. And I haven't even used up the first bottle, but I might tomorrow?

Have to drag out all the machines, cords, lights, towels, pads, backing plates, ladders, stools, products, clays, and God knows what else?

For sure, I want to at least complete the exterior Paint, as the undersides have also not been UK'ed. Probably the most important areas of the vehicle actually.

Lots of hard work coming up, but the icing on the cake is the final application of UK. Last time I used it, it was a very pleasing experience. Slathering this rock hard, glassy Coating on a old soldier, which deserves good treatment against the ravages of NM Sun, Duststorms, high Winds, Abrasions from Gypsum, Covers, no garage, spare time only right now to maintain this vehicle when I can.

I hate the roof, there's those damn factory stock roof racks! I'll probably UK the main side rails, and then DLX the front to back runners which I'm guessing are some dumb plasticized rubberish strips.

Probably the next future order I'll place for CQ, will be enough product on hand to coat my teeth. My Racing bikes (about $5K), my two Telescopes (totaling about $15K), My Barrett Deems Drumset at about $7K.

Heck, maybe even my treasured firearms, Colts, Brownings, Sakos, Walhers, Ubertis, Beemans, etc etc etc.

Tomorrow it's up at 3:50am, Hell On Wheels which I missed last week, then of to work in "Moe's Garage"! ha ha

spiralout462
03-03-2015, 01:22 PM
Bump, bump de bump.

I am considering UK or standard CQuartz for my new wheels. Is UK generally preferred on wheels? How is yours holding up Mark?