PDA

View Full Version : orange peel pad

broker99
02-09-2015, 10:30 PM
I am trying to remove orange peel from some hard clear coat. I am using the denim pads with M105 on a rotary. Its taking out some of the orange peel but very slowly. Any way I can acheive some more cut or will I need to wetsand it?

thanks

Corey
02-10-2015, 02:22 AM
I would switch to something more along the lines of Scholl S3XXL or something with a little more spreadability - FG 400 even... ALTHOUGH I'm not so sure that's the problem. With 105 you should be able to achieve a significant difference. Can you show us some well focused lighted pics of the surface before and after so we can gather how you are currently using the pads?

broker99
02-10-2015, 02:09 PM
I would switch to something more along the lines of Scholl S3XXL or something with a little more spreadability - FG 400 even... ALTHOUGH I'm not so sure that's the problem. With 105 you should be able to achieve a significant difference. Can you show us some well focused lighted pics of the surface before and after so we can gather how you are currently using the pads?

ok I was doing a test panel at the customers house. I will see if I can get back over to take some pictures. Basicly I just primed the pad and took the normal steps and keep cleaning the pad as I went along.

thanks