PDA

View Full Version : Protecting molded plastic...

fdresq4
02-20-2015, 08:38 AM
Hey gang,

The wife and I purchased a 2014 Polaris RZR 570. The UTV is Indy Red in color but it's not automotive paint. The black trim is going to be coated with DLUX but I'm not sure about the rest of the body.
So, I'm wondering if I can use DLUX on the body too or just hit it with Hydro or RELOAD...
Any thoughts, suggestions, or experiences is appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

My wife getting ready for a test drive. Cold, you say Cold...BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRR!

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz287/firerescue140/20150219_110023_resized_zpsc676e030.jpg (http://s836.photobucket.com/user/firerescue140/media/20150219_110023_resized_zpsc676e030.jpg.html)

Dr_Pain
02-20-2015, 12:47 PM
Hey Steve, congrats on the new purchase. Although you can use DLUX as a protectant for body (being that it is a metal and plastic coating) I would suggest using UK instead. I did do a Show and Shine on a new lawnmower showing polishing on powder coating and did use DLUX on it but I believe UK would have produced better results (and longer lasting results)

Chris@SEMD
02-20-2015, 02:15 PM
Congrats on the new machine Steve. Gonna have some fun on that thing!!!

DARK HORSE
02-20-2015, 03:13 PM
Hey Steve, congrats on the new toy buddy!!! Very nice! You can indeed use either Hydro2 or Reload on the body. However another option is coating it with either CQUK or CQ Original, this would be my preference.

fdresq4
02-20-2015, 04:31 PM
Claude and Tad,

Thank you for your valuable input. I was not sure if the CQ or UK could be used. I will go that route.

Chris,

Indeed! Even more so when we move to Bama. Just to think, my wife instigated this.

Thanks gents!

Corey
02-23-2015, 12:28 PM
Congrats on the new toy Steve!! I agree with the others^^ UK would be my first choice or maybe cq Classic. Dlux is most certainly ok but less resistant to water spots on large painted horizontal surfaces and UK is just sooooo easy for me to apply and is so friggin tough

qwyktruk
02-23-2015, 01:36 PM
What is all that white stuff? :p

Nice rig !

fdresq4
02-23-2015, 03:32 PM
What is all that white stuff?
Nice rig !

Thanks. LOL...you don't want to know about the white stuff. I'm getting tired of seeing it.

Congrats on the new toy Steve!! I agree with the others^^ UK would be my first choice or maybe cq Classic. Dlux is most certainly ok but less resistant to water spots on large painted horizontal surfaces and UK is just sooooo easy for me to apply and is so friggin tough

Thanks Corey. I need to order some UK anyway since mom's car needs to be coated. I'm gonna need two 50 ml bottles. I also need to finish my truck.

fdresq4
03-03-2015, 07:19 PM
UPDATE********

The deal was nixed. Since I'm on the wife's tablet I'll be brief and summerize...
1. When you tell me something, at least be truthful.
2. Our UTV was left outside in the snow, sleet, freezing rain, and rain then subjected to temps ranging from -15° to 38°. In turn that led to some damage to areas that moisture seeped into and were subjected to freeze/thaw/ refreeze process. This occurred over a two week time frame.
3. Various aspects of poor customer service.

We'll keep looking...
Steve