PDA

View Full Version : flash pads or scholl spider sandwich

poweraid
03-08-2015, 01:50 PM
wanting to try some new to me pads . having hard time choosing . I've read as much as I can find about these pads , and maybe those of you that have used these enough can offer your thoughts on these pads/products. update ? I'll be working on daily drivers - north central wisconsin is not a higher end fancy car market - trucks -suvs more so . really looking at 1 step . 2 step (paint specific ) if I have to . flash pads just 1 pad type , scholl 2 pad type spider sandwich and neo(honey) finishing .
your thoughts and experience please - convince me one over the other . much appreciated . thanks

Merlin
03-08-2015, 02:43 PM
I like them both. I prefer the CarPro 5" Flash pad. I believe you would get a good finish if you do a one step. I like following with a soft foam and CarPro Reflect.

Pureshine
03-09-2015, 03:17 AM
I use flash pads and scholl pads love them both and have switched completely to both. The Scholl finishing pads are great and the spiders are great to form normal paint. For a quick 1 step flash pads are great.

KMG
03-09-2015, 11:20 AM
Todd, do you have any tips for using the flash pads? My biggest issue is how stiff they are. I have not purchased any of the 5" pads, I only had smaller pad for my mini. I really didn't mess with it much last year.

poweraid
03-09-2015, 04:58 PM
how do the spider sandwich pads stiffness compare to the flash pads ?

Corey
03-10-2015, 03:48 AM
Todd, do you have any tips for using the flash pads? My biggest issue is how stiff they are. I have not purchased any of the 5" pads, I only had smaller pad for my mini. I really didn't mess with it much last year.

Kevin, have you tried using them yet?

Todd will probably add some insight I didn't think of but my main tips-

Prime for first use, and use enough pressure to keep the entire face of pad in contact.

After you have done a couple sections they become more pliable. If you have the little pads then the stiffness shouldn't be an issue, those will fit into a lot of places.

Corey
03-10-2015, 03:49 AM
how do the spider sandwich pads stiffness compare to the flash pads ?

The foam of the spider pad itself is similar in compression but the spider cuts allow the spider to conform a bit more.

Additionally it tends to allow less dust as the residue gets caught between the slices until you brush it out.

poweraid
03-10-2015, 09:48 AM
I've heard of able to finish down lsp ready with the flash pads or even using reflect with it also . how about with the reg spider sandwich pad ? but then there is the neo-honey to finish with also . for the best bet in a 1 stepper , flash pads or reg Spider sandwich ?

KMG
03-10-2015, 11:13 AM
Corey, I really haven't messed with them that much last year. I find myself working with MF pads a lot of the time as I really seems have a routine worked out with them. However I might order a few 5" flash pads to play with once and see how they work. I did talk with Todd last night for about an hour and he did give me some insight on how he is using them.