PDA

View Full Version : On the Verge

HughStoneRocket
07-18-2014, 04:27 AM
I just want you guys to give me the answers that spring to your mind. Should I wash cars full time? I do want my own business, but its been a hobby/obsession... I was thinking a mobile wow wash with a few details.

Corey
07-18-2014, 05:33 AM
If you have time on your hands then yes you should :)

The following is my suggestion based on your post-

Iron X Snow Soap
Iron X
Hydro2
Perl on the trim and wheels

You can make a mint in the time savings using those products and the results stunning for the time involved.

ChrisDA
07-18-2014, 11:35 AM
If you enjoy it and you feel you can make a living of it, then give it a go :)

Rick
09-01-2014, 03:32 PM
I just want you guys to give me the answers that spring to your mind. Should I wash cars full time? I do want my own business, but its been a hobby/obsession... I was thinking a mobile wow wash with a few details.

If I thought I could make a living doing washes and light interior cleaning I would!

Rick
09-01-2014, 06:58 PM
If I thought I could make a living doing washes and light interior cleaning I would!

This was not intended to be negative by they way.

Dr_Pain
09-02-2014, 02:36 PM
I would tell you that before you actually pulled the trigger that you need to sit down and factor all aspects of the business plan and every possible contingencies. For example:

1) What do I do if my business takes off like a rocket? Employees? etc....
2) What do I do if I have a seasonal slow down? How do I continue paying the liabilities etc...
3) What is my 1 year & 5 year plan as to the types of services I will offer.... or will I continue being mobile vs. shop base?
4) What is my current marketing/advertising plan?
5) How does one business model benefit me in tax deductions over another model?

There are tons of questions like that. It is a daunting task and one that makes you rethink your position often, but one that is better done now then to be discouraged by having to rough trough those life situation later.