PDA

View Full Version : FlyBy30 IR Curing

JordanL
04-01-2015, 04:20 AM
I remember seeing in a write up etc that FlyBy30 needed to be baked. I was looking at the description and it didn't mention anything of it. Is it a new formula that doesn't need to be cured/baked by an IR light? If so how is the ease of application? I use Aquapel right now but wouldn't mind switching to Forte or FlyBy30.

TXFIVEO
04-01-2015, 12:29 PM
FlyBy30 isn't much better than that or RainX from my experience. Very disappointed in this product. Doesn't last very long at all. I would look at Forte instead. Just my $.02

DARK HORSE
04-01-2015, 02:45 PM
I remember seeing in a write up etc that FlyBy30 needed to be baked. I was looking at the description and it didn't mention anything of it. Is it a new formula that doesn't need to be cured/baked by an IR light? If so how is the ease of application? I use Aquapel right now but wouldn't mind switching to Forte or FlyBy30.

Hi Jordan, there is no need to bake FlyBy30 with an IR light. Just give it plenty of time to cure before getting it wet or activating the wipers. If you are trying to decide between Forte and FlyBy30, my recommendation would be to go with Forte. I've experimented with both several times, and they are both great products. However the durability of Forte is unrivaled by any glass coating on the market I've ever tried (I've tried several), and yes I "used" to by a very diehard Aquapel guy until Forte came out. I have had Forte on my DD since before it hit the open market and it still makes my giggle every time it rains!

Dr_Pain
04-01-2015, 04:35 PM
^^^ What he said!

The heat curing of FlyBy30 is just to speed the delay to expose to water. If you let it cure overnight (over releasing the vehicle in 4 hrs) than there is no need to heat cure. Also in the camp that Forte is a much better product

SameGuy
04-18-2015, 04:01 AM
My bottle of Forte awaits the long overdue full detail of my own DD, but I've applied 30 to several vehicles after meticulous prep (strenuous polishing with Rayon discs on a DA and CeriGlass), and they are all doing fine after one of the worst winters in decades. Mom's Corolla is going on six months with a 30 application on all glass, and shows no sign of ablation even though it was parked outside in the elements and sub-freezing temperatures the whole time. Wife's Accord is going on five months and it makes me giggle when I wash it.

Jaddie
04-19-2015, 02:38 AM
Dear SameGuy & Friends

My bottle of Forte also awaits its first use. My problem is that I can't remove the Aquapel. I do have the Rayon discs and CeriGlass but haven't used those yet. I've used APC and Stoner's Bug & Tar Remover without any success. It's been on there for five months.

DARK HORSE
04-19-2015, 01:48 PM
Dear SameGuy & Friends

My bottle of Forte also awaits its first use. My problem is that I can't remove the Aquapel. I do have the Rayon discs and CeriGlass but haven't used those yet. I've used APC and Stoner's Bug & Tar Remover without any success. It's been on there for five months.

Hi Jaddie, you don't have to use Rayon discs and CeriGlass to remove aquapel. Any compound like Fixer, m101, m105 and a regular pad will make quick work of it, and clean up the glass nicely. I would save the Rayon discs and CeriGlass for defect correction.