PDA

View Full Version : Reset question?

Aiden.Detailing
04-27-2015, 12:49 AM
Hello guys

Question I'm using reset tomorrow for the first time. i have the 100ml bottle. what dilution ratio on a 5 gal bucket can i use to strip off any previous waxes/sealants that were on the car previously?

Thanks
Carlos C

CarPro Mexico
04-27-2015, 07:52 AM
Hey Carlos,

I wouldnt "waste" any Reset for removing existing LSP's. I think a strong APC wash or some highly alkalin citrous shampoo applied via a foam cannon and let to dwell for some minutes will remove any previous wax or sealant.

Are you compounding/polishing the car, or simply applying a new coat of LSP?

Let su know :)

DARK HORSE
04-27-2015, 12:41 PM
^^ This, I agree with Carlos! Reset is not intended to be used for strippig LSP's.

Dr_Pain
04-27-2015, 01:54 PM
X2 on what Carlos said! The surfactants (detergents) of Reset are only meant to clean VERY WELL and leave no residue behind (of itself) but is LSP safe so would not strip. The best way to strip (in my opinion) is claying and a light polish.

richy
04-27-2015, 02:14 PM
IronX is your best friend for removing old waxes, etc.

Aiden.Detailing
04-27-2015, 02:14 PM
Hey Carlos,

I wouldnt "waste" any Reset for removing existing LSP's. I think a strong APC wash or some highly alkalin citrous shampoo applied via a foam cannon and let to dwell for some minutes will remove any previous wax or sealant.

Are you compounding/polishing the car, or simply applying a new coat of LSP?

Let su know :)

Ok then I'll use what remaining of my chemical guys citrus wash and gloss to remove LSP's then Imma iron-x the car and might use my polyshave pad to ensure nothing was left behind. Thanks for the advice buddy

fdresq4
04-29-2015, 12:21 AM
Sounds like a plan Carlos. Btw...RESET is one of my favorite soaps for washing.

CarPro Mexico
05-02-2015, 07:05 AM
Ok then I'll use what remaining of my chemical guys citrus wash and gloss to remove LSP's then Imma iron-x the car and might use my polyshave pad to ensure nothing was left behind. Thanks for the advice buddy

Anytime buddy!

Iron X and CG Citrus left to dwell will KILL any remaining LSP :cool: