PDA

View Full Version : Prep for Re-Application of CQ DLX

Mark
07-26-2014, 11:34 AM
Hello All,
I would again like to re-apply DLX to many areas of my Truck since I already have an opened bottle of DLX on hand, and would like using it before its shelf life possibly expires.

Virtually all trim was coated with DLX at least a good year ago, and it is to be noted that no other product has been applied over DLX since.

About all I note is some slight water spotting here and there and have not used any methods to remove such just yet.

What would you folks suggest as safe prep products before re-coating? Will products like Carpro Spotless, and Carpro Eraser be good choices, and will they both work without harm to the initial coating of DLX?

Areas which were treated were all Door Handles, all Glass Surrounds whether plastic, rubber, painted, all Plastic Bumper Trim-Rub Strips, all Side Moldings, Wiper Cowl, Air Dam, Front License Plate Bracket, basically anything-everything that is black on the vehicle.
Thanks, Mark

Swanicyouth
07-26-2014, 01:22 PM
I just did exactly what you are looking to do yesterday. The way I figured it, since the trim hasn't had any "dressing" on it - crazy cleaning methods aren't warranted.

What I used was Chemical Guys Citrus Red Shampoo diluted 1:32 in a spray bottle with a foaming sprayer. I use this mix a lot to clean. I also used a cotton towel to scrub the trim with that solution. It came up pretty clean pretty quick. After that I used Eraser with a MF towel.

It came out great. DLux doesn't seem to be as finicky as some other "coatings". So, I wouldn't think it matters to much what you use as long as it's clean. Always rinse and use Eraser before applying.

Corey
07-27-2014, 02:33 AM
Hi Mark, your exactly right, hit it with spotless and wipe off and then eraser and your good to go.

I would apc first if it was old or nasty followed by these two but in your case should be fine without the apc mix.

Mark
07-27-2014, 08:05 PM
Thanks you folks!

Yes, all trim still looks basically outstanding, but figure to use this bottle before it turns to glass now that it has been opened. Sill have a lot of it, so some new pieces on the vehicle might get treated as well.

Which would you folks use, and prefer on plastic headlight-tail light housings, DLX, or CP UK? (I have both on hand)
Mark

Corey
08-11-2014, 01:14 AM
Thanks you folks!

Yes, all trim still looks basically outstanding, but figure to use this bottle before it turns to glass now that it has been opened. Sill have a lot of it, so some new pieces on the vehicle might get treated as well.

Which would you folks use, and prefer on plastic headlight-tail light housings, DLX, or CP UK? (I have both on hand)
Mark

Sorry Mark, I didn't see the question here :) I would go Dlux for this although you can't lose either way!