PDA

View Full Version : Reload?

TheGBKid
05-29-2015, 05:35 PM
Been reading a bunch on the site and have received conflicting views of whether I should apply Reload to my newly Cquartz'd (if that's a word) truck. Completed the application on Sunday, May 24th. Truck has not left the garage, other than for pictures this morning, since. Does Reload need to be applied?

Ebg18t
05-29-2015, 07:23 PM
You really only need to apply Reload if the finish can not be kept dry to allow it to cure. You should be fine at this point.

For example, if you applied Saturday afternoon and you needed to take the car out Saturday night and their might be a chance of rain the Reload gives the coating sons protection while it cures.

TheGBKid
06-01-2015, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the response.

Wouldn't you know it, my wife took the kids to visit her parents for the week and after sitting in the garage dry for a week, the truck gets rained on the entire trip. I'll wash it either 6/12 or 6/13 with Reset. Should I look to coat with Reload at that point, or leave it alone?

My wife was thoroughly impressed with how the water fell off the truck. Said it doesn't even look that dirty after a 400 mile trip..... Nothing like a real life test to confirm that I did it properly..... :P

Gary

fdresq4
06-01-2015, 01:00 AM
You really only need to apply Reload if the finish can not be kept dry to allow it to cure. You should be fine at this point.

For example, if you applied Saturday afternoon and you needed to take the car out Saturday night and their might be a chance of rain the Reload gives the coating sons protection while it cures.

Bingo!

Thanks for the response.

Wouldn't you know it, my wife took the kids to visit her parents for the week and after sitting in the garage dry for a week, the truck gets rained on the entire trip. I'll wash it either 6/12 or 6/13 with Reset. Should I look to coat with Reload at that point, or leave it alone?

My wife was thoroughly impressed with how the water fell off the truck. Said it doesn't even look that dirty after a 400 mile trip..... Nothing like a real life test to confirm that I did it properly..... :P

Gary

Hey Gary,

With CQ, as e said, Reload if your coating will be exposed to rain 24 hours after application. As far as washing, no soap for the first 7 days than after that you are fine with Reset. Anything stronger, like Iron X Snow Foam or an APC infused soap, I would wait 30 days so the coating cures.
As far as reapplying Reload, you don't have to but it's up to you. I personally try not to so the coating keeps its abilities and characteristics. I did it with my truck because I thought it might be outside that night and didn't want to chance it. Luckily, it stayed in the garage anyway.

If you don't Reload the coating, down the road, you may notice the coating acting differently. Simple remedy...add a little APC to your Reset soap or Iron X soap to remove contaminants and fallout, but after the 30 day cure period.