PDA

View Full Version : Issue - Cleaning Fly-By-30 Coated Windows - Streaking/Hazing

Sharpline Detailing
06-29-2015, 05:21 PM
Hey guys, ran into a small issue this past weekend while cleaning a friend's truck that we coated with Fly-By-30. Truck was purchased brand new, but sat on the dealer lot for one whole year. Windows were clayed before application and thoroughly cleaned, followed with 2 coatings of FB30.

After washing the truck, I grabbed my go-to window cleaning supplies - Adams glass cleaner and a Cloudbuster. After wiping the windows, then flipping the towel and buffing away, the window(s) would be spotless but after about 10 seconds, then they would streak/haze up and you could see exactly where I had wiped.

I found this very odd, so I grabbed a regular microfiber towel and had the same results...
I figured for sure Reset would cure this issue, and sure enough it did. Just found it odd that there was some type of reaction between the Adams glass cleaner and the windows coated with FB30. Wondering what the cause is?? Anyone else had a similar problem?

Corey
06-29-2015, 06:32 PM
Thats a new one on me - Try the Scholl Concepts ICE - never had an issue

Sharpline Detailing
07-11-2015, 03:53 AM
Hey Corey, truck was driven in the rain (unfortunately)
The wipers were chattering when they would come back down. I applied Reload to the wipers when I coated the windshield.

I'm thinking of applying Reload to the windshield and doing the wiper blades again - will this solve the issue?

Corey
07-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Hey Corey, truck was driven in the rain (unfortunately)
The wipers were chattering when they would come back down. I applied Reload to the wipers when I coated the windshield.

I'm thinking of applying Reload to the windshield and doing the wiper blades again - will this solve the issue?

Hopefully so, give it a shot.

Sometimes with long wipers with only one point of connection and not enough tension if seen chattering. Type of rubber can affect also.

Vanish
07-12-2015, 04:36 PM
Do you recommend to apply Reload to windscreen/wipers? I tried that and it was a bad idea in my case. I got streaks and hazing when wipers were ON. I did only a half of the windscreen and I would not recommend it. But my application probably wasn't the best, my first timer.

Aiden.Detailing
08-23-2015, 01:29 AM
i done fly by forte but the process didn't go through as planned so i waited about a week so the coating will harden then i washed the car and applied reload to the glass alone after that the glass work as good as if it only had the fly by forte. since then i now use Hydro2foam on my glass when washing my car and no bad results.