PDA

View Full Version : CQUK vs flying house paint at 65mph

Ebg18t
08-03-2015, 11:38 PM
On the way home from the wife's DR this afternoon a gallon of paint fell off a trailer in front of us while driving down the interstate. I saw the lid come off and paint mid-air. All I could go was swerve to miss the can and hope for the best. Well needless to say the front of the car, hood, windshield and roof were covered with splotches of house paint. The driver of the trailer didn't stop, but I doubt he had insurance anyways. The car behind us hit the can.

We drove home and by then the paint was dry. I took my finger nail to the paint and to my surprise it peeled right off. I mixed up a bucket of rinsless wash and proceeded to wash the car. The paint beaded like a champ and all the dried paint washed right off. I was amazed, no marks, no scrubbing. no residue, it was awesome.

CQUK really does keep stuff from sticking. :CarproRules:

Cooter
08-03-2015, 11:42 PM
Awesome!!! Glad that it came off for you so easy!!

Corey
08-04-2015, 04:13 AM
On the way home from the wife's DR this afternoon a gallon of paint fell off a trailer in front of us while driving down the interstate. I saw the lid come off and paint mid-air. All I could go was swerve to miss the can and hope for the best. Well needless to say the front of the car, hood, windshield and roof were covered with splotches of house paint. The driver of the trailer didn't stop, but I doubt he had insurance anyways. The car behind us hit the can.

We drove home and by then the paint was dry. I took my finger nail to the paint and to my surprise it peeled right off. I mixed up a bucket of rinsless wash and proceeded to wash the car. The paint beaded like a champ and all the dried paint washed right off. I was amazed, no marks, no scrubbing. no residue, it was awesome.

CQUK really does keep stuff from sticking. :CarproRules:

Awesome!! My buddy had road paint spray on his truck and when he went to examine it, just touching it made it fall off. I've also seen pressure washers remove some really nasty things from cquartz in a pinch :)

Thanks for sharing with us!!

fdresq4
08-04-2015, 12:52 PM
Here I thought it was your expert driving skills that strategically placed the paint on your car. That, in turn,lead to its easy removal...LOL!

Steve

Merlin
08-04-2015, 02:56 PM
Great Story...

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/t/smiley-painter-14279637.jpg

Gotta love CQuartz

yg1829
08-04-2015, 04:40 PM
So cool!! Cquartz for the win!!
I can't wait til I have time to coat the vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ebg18t
08-04-2015, 10:40 PM
I never thought we would have this issue, but glad the paint was coated in CQuartz. I don't think the dried paint would have just washed off of a non coated car this easily.

Worthrj
11-07-2015, 11:45 PM
Good story. Haha.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk