PDA

View Full Version : A few questions regarding my Cquartz application

conman1395
08-04-2015, 10:01 PM
I move in to my new apartment on August 15. I may have to do my car next week. I can't start now because I have to drive 2.5 hours this Friday.

Questions

1. How long does Cquartz Classic last on the shelf if unopened?

2. I will be moving about a 45 minute highway drive from home. If I do Cquartz, how many days at least should I give the coating to cure before I drive that far on the highway. I do have Reload to apply as well. I know I can't use chemicals for 7 days, and I don't know if it's okay to just use water to try and clean the car.

3. Any tips for taking care of the car before I can use chemicals (soap/rinseless/waterless) to clean? Or any other tips in general?

Thank you,
Connor

Ebg18t
08-04-2015, 10:46 PM
I move in to my new apartment on August 15. I may have to do my car next week. I can't start now because I have to drive 2.5 hours this Friday.

Questions

1. How long does Cquartz Classic last on the shelf if unopened?

2. I will be moving about a 45 minute highway drive from home. If I do Cquartz, how many days at least should I give the coating to cure before I drive that far on the highway. I do have Reload to apply as well. I know I can't use chemicals for 7 days, and I don't know if it's okay to just use water to try and clean the car.

3. Any tips for taking care of the car before I can use chemicals (soap/rinseless/waterless) to clean? Or any other tips in general?

Thank you,
Connor

1. There should be an expiration date on the bottom of the bottle

2. I'd be more worried about water than driving on the highway. After you finish coating the car, wait an hour or so and apply a coat of Reload. That will protect the CQuartz while it cures if it gets wet.

3. I choose not to wash for a 1.5 weeks. I keep in the garage for 24hrs and iff possible bake it in the sun to help the curing.

conman1395
08-05-2015, 02:33 PM
1. There should be an expiration date on the bottom of the bottle

2. I'd be more worried about water than driving on the highway. After you finish coating the car, wait an hour or so and apply a coat of Reload. That will protect the CQuartz while it cures if it gets wet.

3. I choose not to wash for a 1.5 weeks. I keep in the garage for 24hrs and iff possible bake it in the sun to help the curing.
So you'd just let dirt sit on there? Maybe get bugs and what I can with the coin op then carefully dry (one actually has a blow dryer)?

Ebg18t
08-05-2015, 04:24 PM
So you'd just let dirt sit on there? Maybe get bugs and what I can with the coin op then carefully dry (one actually has a blow dryer)?

It doesn't really get that dirty in 1.5 weeks. I only do rinse less washes. So after 1.5 weeks I do a rinseless and I gave it a wipe down with Reload. From there on out I just do a rinseless as needed. I haven't done a Reload in ages. Probably won't till 9 months or so just to add a nice little topper to the coating.

Bugs usually wash right off. If you get a bunch of bugs do a waterless wash in those areas.

I think you will find a coated car requires less maintaince. To me that is the best part of the coating as I just don't have as much time as I did before for car washing.

The last lovebug season here basically got washed off in the rain. It was pretty sweet.

conman1395
08-05-2015, 04:45 PM
It doesn't really get that dirty in 1.5 weeks. I only do rinse less washes. So after 1.5 weeks I do a rinseless and I gave it a wipe down with Reload. From there on out I just do a rinseless as needed. I haven't done a Reload in ages. Probably won't till 9 months or so just to add a nice little topper to the coating.

Bugs usually wash right off. If you get a bunch of bugs do a waterless wash in those areas.

I think you will find a coated car requires less maintaince. To me that is the best part of the coating as I just don't have as much time as I did before for car washing.

The last lovebug season here basically got washed off in the rain. It was pretty sweet.
But if I can't finish 7 days ahead of my moving day, I can't use rinseless or waterless washes. During those 7 days of curing, I should make sure I get the stuff off because there will be bugs and construction on the highway.

Right?

Not trying to challenge you, just wanna make sure.

Ebg18t
08-06-2015, 12:51 AM
But if I can't finish 7 days ahead of my moving day, I can't use rinseless or waterless washes. During those 7 days of curing, I should make sure I get the stuff off because there will be bugs and construction on the highway.

Right?

Not trying to challenge you, just wanna make sure.

I think you would be fine to wipe down certain areas with a waterless. If you apply Reload an hour after CQuartz you have that protective barrier to allow light cleaning.

Personally when I move the last thing on my mind is cleaning the car. Lol.

Sharpline Detailing
08-23-2015, 03:50 AM
To answer your question on unopened shelf life:

"5.-Assuming its kept indoors in 65-78 degrees what is the shelf life of Cquartz before being opened by the consumer?

1 year minimum, keep away from moisture and refrigerator."

I would allow 24 hours minimum until driven. After coating, I would let the car sit as long as possible, and then just before driving I would apply Reload.
Me, personally, I would let the car sit dirty for the first seven days. If you absolutely must, I would just use a pressure washer (water only, no soaps) and try and blast off any dirt/bugs and then blow dry with air.

Worthrj
12-13-2015, 10:07 AM
Give us the update conman, how is the cquartz?

conman1395
02-19-2016, 03:46 PM
Give us the update conman, how is the cquartz?
Easily the best thing I've ever used on my car in terms of protection. Compareed to a few cars I see regularly with Gloss Coat it's better as well. I don't know why anyone would buy Gloss Coat considering how much more you get with Cquartz for less.

I've done one wash using 3D's iron remover and Tarminator since I applied it as recommended by CarPro one or twice a year, but I had seen no reduction in hydrophobic properties - I just did it because I had time and want to stick to the manufacturers recommendations.

Every time I wash my car I am blown away with how much easier it is and how good it looks. As a student, I don't have time to wash my car like I did when I lived at home and this makes it so much easier. If I were to get a new car right now, the first thing I would buy would be a new bottle of Cquartz.