PDA

View Full Version : Treatment of MF towels after DLUX and CQUK application

AndyL
10-01-2015, 05:53 AM
Hi, while it is a known fact that we should discard any MF Suede towels that apply DLUX or Cquartz line of products as crystal would form after a while, I wonder is it okay to wash and reuse the suede towels that are used to buff off the DLUX? For quartz/CQUK, the instruction says not to reuse the buffing towels unless they are thrown in APC immediately. However for DLUX, there is no specific information.

Thanks in advance.

Yanksautodetailing
10-01-2015, 12:38 PM
Its the same for DLUX. I mainly throw them in some hot water with APC after use. Then only use those towels for cleaning rims , door jams after or engine bays.

parttimer
10-01-2015, 01:42 PM
I have special towels I use for coating removal. I have used them for Kamikaze, CQuartz, Migliore, Gloss Coat and Americana. After use, right into APC and laundered as quickly as possible. No issues to date.

AndyL
10-02-2015, 12:02 AM
Thanks Yanksautodetailing and parttimer for your input.

I have been following the same rule for DLUX regarding the wiping MFs but I find it quite wasteful to throw them away especially if you just did a small portion at a time.

1600CC
10-06-2015, 05:41 PM
I've gotten about 4 uses out of the suede buffing towels. This last time they hardened a bit though. Not so much like an applicator one would but enough that I wouldn't use them on paint again. However, they are still good enough for trim. So that's what I do. I cut them into smaller pieces and use the as applicator cloths for the plastic bumpers. That way I get the most out of them. They're so affordable anyway though.

Corey
10-08-2015, 03:34 AM
Hi, while it is a known fact that we should discard any MF Suede towels that apply DLUX or Cquartz line of products as crystal would form after a while, I wonder is it okay to wash and reuse the suede towels that are used to buff off the DLUX? For quartz/CQUK, the instruction says not to reuse the buffing towels unless they are thrown in APC immediately. However for DLUX, there is no specific information.

Thanks in advance.

Thats an oversight on my part, I should mention that under Dlux also - the guys are right on is similar rules to the rest of our CQuartz Ceramic coatings. Dlux and UK cure the fastest so least time of the bunch.

Worthrj
11-18-2015, 10:49 AM
Good to know Corey about the curing times, thanks.

ww2717
11-25-2015, 08:35 PM
I get the costco my life 36 towel pack. Then go right in the trash after being used with a coating.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bigd3077
11-25-2015, 09:29 PM
I get the costco my life 36 towel pack. Then go right in the trash after being used with a coating.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I use the same MF towels, but have not used for these coatings yet. Been nervous about it frankly, lol...