PDA

View Full Version : How to remove Reload

Hurro
10-21-2015, 01:01 PM
Hi all,

Greetings from Australia :-)

As much as I love Reload as a sealant, I've decided to go down the coating path. To do that successfully and to maximise durability of my coating, however, I need to completely remove the Reload that's already on my car.

Does anyone know if there's an easy way to remove Reload? I've previously read that once cured, Reload can't be removed by CarPro Eraser. Is this true? I have the 2015 version of Reload.

If I dilute a stronger concentration of IPA, say at 1:1 ratio, would that be able to remove Reload?

Or is compounding the whole car the only way? Do I need to use compound, or can I use a light polish?

Many thanks!

DARK HORSE
10-21-2015, 08:27 PM
Hi all,

Greetings from Australia :-)

As much as I love Reload as a sealant, I've decided to go down the coating path. To do that successfully and to maximise durability of my coating, however, I need to completely remove the Reload that's already on my car.

Does anyone know if there's an easy way to remove Reload? I've previously read that once cured, Reload can't be removed by CarPro Eraser. Is this true? I have the 2015 version of Reload.

If I dilute a stronger concentration of IPA, say at 1:1 ratio, would that be able to remove Reload?

Or is compounding the whole car the only way? Do I need to use compound, or can I use a light polish?

Many thanks!

Only way to completely remove it (for sure) is at least a light polish, like Reflect. I would recommend polishing prior to coating any way! Wipe down with Eraser after polishing to remove all traces of polish and thoroughly clean the paint prior to coating.

Hurro
10-21-2015, 10:46 PM
Only way to completely remove it (for sure) is at least a light polish, like Reflect. I would recommend polishing prior to coating any way! Wipe down with Eraser after polishing to remove all traces of polish and thoroughly clean the paint prior to coating.

Thanks Dark Horse!

The car has just been recently polished, panel by panel, over the past 5 weeks. In the interim, I've used Reload to protect the polished panels until I decide whether or not to go down the coating route. Now that I've decided, I need to now remove Reload :)

Will definitely be giving it a light polish before applying the coating. Are there enough abrasives in Reflect to remove Reload, or would you recommend a compound instead?

Of course, I'm aiming to use the least aggressive method to get the job done :-)

Thanks

DARK HORSE
10-22-2015, 01:19 AM
Thanks Dark Horse!

The car has just been recently polished, panel by panel, over the past 5 weeks. In the interim, I've used Reload to protect the polished panels until I decide whether or not to go down the coating route. Now that I've decided, I need to now remove Reload :)

Will definitely be giving it a light polish before applying the coating. Are there enough abrasives in Reflect to remove Reload, or would you recommend a compound instead?

Of course, I'm aiming to use the least aggressive method to get the job done :-)

Thanks

You'll be fine using Reflect.

Hurro
10-22-2015, 01:20 AM
Reflect will work well!
Reload or Reflect?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

DARK HORSE
10-22-2015, 01:22 AM
Wow you are quick, lol! Yes Reflect is what I meant.

Worthrj
11-12-2015, 10:02 PM
You could always enjoy it until it needs help again.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Genesis
12-03-2015, 02:56 AM
Remove re load with un load.