PDA

View Full Version : Rupes Announcement Today :)

Kevin D. Hannum
11-03-2015, 11:06 AM
In case anyone is interested and/or following what's going on at SEMA, Rupes is suppose to make some kind of announcement today @ 2:00pm.

Kevin...

Worthrj
11-03-2015, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the information Kevin. I'm looking forward to that announcement. What is the best way to find out about the announcement?

Kevin D. Hannum
11-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Sorry. I got busy and wasn't able to come back on here. I saw it on autogeek & detailed image. They can out with a new version of their Bigfoot polishers, the LHR21ES & LHR15ES. The new ones are 30% more powerful, as well as, some other fine tuning they did to the polishers. I believe they are calling it their MARK II Series? They also introduced a couple of other mini polishers. But I'm not sure of the name & specifics on those. I was too interested in the new Bigfoot series, since I'm in the market to buy a new polisher/s.

Kevin...

fdresq4
11-04-2015, 10:29 AM
Exciting for sure.

Kevin D. Hannum
11-04-2015, 11:20 AM
Yes it is. That is definitely going on my Christmas list. This is one gift I hope Santa brings this year.

Corey
11-07-2015, 10:11 PM
I played with them! The only 5 minutes I spent at any booth outside of ours [emoji3]. SICK! You can't big either one down and the new battery powered one is sickness too

Corey
11-07-2015, 10:12 PM
I already communicated with them to let me know when I can order my shipment

Worthrj
11-15-2015, 01:44 AM
I like the long neck version. From using dremels alot, I have found if the head of the tool is to close to the base/body of the tool, it has more limitations. I would rather have the long neck.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Kevin D. Hannum
11-15-2015, 10:57 AM
Yeah, the long neck version is the one I want to purchase also. I'm just waiting for the word that they are available to purchase. Anyone know or heard how much that kit is going to cost?

Kevin...

Worthrj
11-15-2015, 11:24 AM
The most trustworthy source that I could find hinted at $500-$600. But then again, I'll believe it when I can "add it to the shopping cart" and pay for it. We'll see. I see my uses for this tool already. I also had an idea for "version 2" of the tool. If this is a direct drive head, there is no reason the head of the tool couldn't angle for even harder to reach areas. Also the lower the profile head (height from the bottom of the pad to the top of the metal housing) the better for tight places. I would also like to see an snap on and off attachment available for the top of the head so somebodies hand could grip the head unit better for headlights and such where tight areas are not an issues but precision control of the tool is.

Kevin D. Hannum
11-15-2015, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the info. I agree, as soon as I add it to the cart and click "Checkout". Then I'll believe the price :) .

As far as the other info goes...You obviously put a lot of thought into the various uses, and are already coming up with good ideas for the next version. Should I hold off on buying the first one :)

Kevin

Worthrj
11-15-2015, 11:57 AM
Kevin, don't hold off, go all in! :)

Kevin D. Hannum
11-15-2015, 02:53 PM
Yep...As soon as it's available. Going for the long neck iBrid Kit :)

Kevin

Worthrj
11-19-2015, 12:43 PM
Kevin, you and myself are each in for the long neck. Although I must say, I do have a price max. If it out of control, I'm out. If it's in the range I posted earlier, then I'm in.