PDA

View Full Version : Winter Coming...CQuartz vs. UK

Kevin D. Hannum
11-05-2015, 10:19 AM
With winter approaching, I'm wondering if I should use the UK version or the CQuartz classic version? I'm going to have both available for customers to choose from. But with the CQuartz new formulation, I'm wondering which one to recommend? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Kevin...

Yanksautodetailing
11-05-2015, 12:28 PM
With your location, UK I have always felt has worked better in winter. I still think even with new formula that is still the same. UK was created for colder climates. I still prefer UK over classic unless it is crazy hot.

DARK HORSE
11-05-2015, 12:35 PM
Kevin, UK would be my first choice in harsh winter environments.

CQ Original: Recommended working temperatures: 50F to 90F
If environmental temperatures are below 60F consider CQuartz UK.

CQUK: Recommended working temperatures: 40F to 80F
If environmental temps are above 80F consider CQuartz Original.

Kevin D. Hannum
11-05-2015, 12:36 PM
Thank you :)

Kevin...

Kevin D. Hannum
11-05-2015, 12:41 PM
Basically, I'm better off offering & using the UK version during this time of year. Then in summertime, offering & using the Classic version. Thanks. That break down you sent is very helpful :)

fdresq4
11-05-2015, 02:07 PM
Kevin,

I too live in N.J., North western part, and have used CQUK with great success. My old truck had/has it and my buddys wife's Pathfinder. No complaints with our winters. I have applied UK in the spring, temps in the mid 60's and humidity levels in the high 30 % range. Unless you are applying it on a hot and/or humid day, the CQUK is prolly the best all around for us.
I have the CQ Finest on my new truck, thanks to Greg at Signature Detailing.

Steve

Worthrj
11-24-2015, 12:20 AM
I'm going to apply cquk in south florida, ohhhhh boy.....