PDA

View Full Version : CQuartz On Matte Vinyl?

reillyryan
01-14-2016, 06:04 PM
Quick and short question, can I CQuartz Matte Black Vinyl or do I need to use DLUX or will neither work and just leave it?

Thanks

DARK HORSE
01-14-2016, 07:52 PM
Coating a Matte Finish

Many guys do coat matte finish (with great results), however I don't advise or recommend it. Coating a matte finish will change the looks slightly with some added gloss (actually it looks good) BUT I personally advise against using any coating on a matte finish or any finish that you are not able to polish.

The reasoning is two fold:

1.- Applying a product that you can’t remove without polishing to a surface you can NOT polish is not logical to me. The liability involved in such a thing just doesn’t make sense.

2.- You can not polish the surface to prep it in the first place so a proper bond isn’t guaranteed.

I recommend using Reload instead!

bigd3077
01-15-2016, 12:07 AM
Coating a Matte Finish

Many guys do coat matte finish (with great results), however I don't advise or recommend it. Coating a matte finish will change the looks slightly with some added gloss (actually it looks good) BUT I personally advise against using any coating on a matte finish or any finish that you are not able to polish.

The reasoning is two fold:

1.- Applying a product that you can’t remove without polishing to a surface you can NOT polish is not logical to me. The liability involved in such a thing just doesn’t make sense.

2.- You can not polish the surface to prep it in the first place so a proper bond isn’t guaranteed.

I recommend using Reload instead!

I just finished an Audi with a grey wrapped hood. I did exactly that, reload. It did darken it a hair, and add a little gloss, but looked good. The owner said, what did you put on that, its so shiny! Unfortunately it is raining, and car had to be driven out, But it was beading like crazy, lol...

reillyryan
01-19-2016, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the replys, thats kinda what I was thinking too, just wanted to make sure.