PDA

View Full Version : What happens if I remove too early.

Smitty
02-16-2016, 09:01 PM
I use c quartz for the first time yesterday. It was on a pearl white Honda and was very difficult to see the if the coating had started to flash. On the first panels I did, it felt suspiciously easy to remove and buff. I began waiting a little longer and using my inspection light the best I could to see the flashing. The wait time was closer to 10 minutes but it felt more like what I was expecting. I waited 1.5 hours and went back over the front section with another coat using the longer dwell time.
Am I in good shape or do I need to polish and try again. The car looks great, better than my "go to" sealant. I'm just wondering if I really wasted my time and product. It has not been out of the garage yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

DARK HORSE
02-17-2016, 12:37 PM
I use c quartz for the first time yesterday. It was on a pearl white Honda and was very difficult to see the if the coating had started to flash. On the first panels I did, it felt suspiciously easy to remove and buff. I began waiting a little longer and using my inspection light the best I could to see the flashing. The wait time was closer to 10 minutes but it felt more like what I was expecting. I waited 1.5 hours and went back over the front section with another coat using the longer dwell time.
Am I in good shape or do I need to polish and try again. The car looks great, better than my "go to" sealant. I'm just wondering if I really wasted my time and product. It has not been out of the garage yet.

As long as you removed all the excess and you don't see any high spots, you are in GREAT shape! Wait at least a week to wash it, then enjoy the amazing hydrophobic properties of your paint!

Smitty
02-17-2016, 06:33 PM
Well it looked great when I pulled it into the sun today. It stayed inside for 36 hours. I tried to take pictures but the sun was at a low angle and was so bright that we couldn't look directly at it. It also left spots in my eyes when trying to take pictures. It is my dad's new car and was impressed that a brand new car could look that much better than it did when he picked it up at the dealership. I guess that all that really matters in the end and I saved him hundreds of dollars over what the dealer was going to charge for a "special" coating. I appreciate everyone's help here over the last year or so and can't believe I waited this long to get into coatings. It really isn't as bad as some would lead to believe.

DARK HORSE
02-17-2016, 06:56 PM
Great, glad to hear it! Just be sure to wait at least a week before it's first wash.