PDA

View Full Version : Carpro Snow Foam Cannon

Askero1519
02-24-2016, 03:05 AM
I have a question concerning the Carpro Snow Foam Cannon. I previously had a chemical guys Snow Foam Cannon and it worked great until the canister broke on the neck. Even though the foam cannon still works, it was enough of an excuse to buy Carpro's Foam Cannon. Using the same soap/water ratio, I cannot for the life of me get it to produce as rich of a foam as the CG cannon. I've even tried doubling the soap/water amount. So I called Corey and as always providing excellent customer service, he sent me a new Cannon. Still, I have the same results. It seems that the dispenser is simply not sucking up enough soap through the nozzle, and it seems watered down when lanced on the vehicle and runs off way too fast. Especially when using Iron X Snow Soap. Keep in mind, this is with the dial on max soap output. My question is, is there any trick to getting the Foam Lance to get more soap through the dispenser?? I figured I'd ask the forum before contacting Corey again. The last thing I want to do is send them both back and them being stuck with two used cannons. This is the first Carpro product that I've ever had any issue with regarding results.

Below are pictures of the CG Foam Cannon results. At the time I do not have pics of the Carpro Foam Cannon
Thanks for your input!

fdresq4
02-24-2016, 07:41 PM
Askero,

First...:welcome:

I'm assuming you are using the same soaps? Has your pressure washer had an issues with output, have you tried different settings with the proportioner valve, and has your water quality changed in any way?

I like to mix the soap with warm water and how many times have you used the current cannon?

Steve

Askero1519
02-25-2016, 02:32 PM
I always use hot water. I use the same exact dilution ratios that i did in the CG cannon that produces great results, and even doubled the soap amount and still seems watery and doesn't cling very well to the surfaces. Pressure washer is fine and water quality has been filtered since day 1. The proportioner valve is full rich and I even gave it a few small turns past what seemed to be the "max rich level." I've tried lower settings also just to cover all my basis. I just can't get a thick rich foam. I figure I'm beating a dead horse here, i just thought it would be worth the post to see if anyone has had same issues or any tricks to get this thing to be richer in foam. Thanks for the response!

Corey
02-25-2016, 05:14 PM
Askero,

First...:welcome:

I'm assuming you are using the same soaps? Has your pressure washer had an issues with output, have you tried different settings with the proportioner valve, and has your water quality changed in any way?

I like to mix the soap with warm water and how many times have you used the current cannon?

Steve

Great questions Steve! Thank you so much for helping rule out all possibilities.

Corey
02-25-2016, 05:17 PM
I always use hot water. I use the same exact dilution ratios that i did in the CG cannon that produces great results, and even doubled the soap amount and still seems watery and doesn't cling very well to the surfaces. Pressure washer is fine and water quality has been filtered since day 1. The proportioner valve is full rich and I even gave it a few small turns past what seemed to be the "max rich level." I've tried lower settings also just to cover all my basis. I just can't get a thick rich foam. I figure I'm beating a dead horse here, i just thought it would be worth the post to see if anyone has had same issues or any tricks to get this thing to be richer in foam. Thanks for the response!

Akk!!! I'm really sorry for all the inconvenience. All I can imagine is maybe my Foam Cannon distributor changed something and failed to share that with me. Two defectives is highly disturbing to me :(

Firstly, lets make sure that is no longer YOUR problem. Please email me with the order number and I will get a refund to you.

Secondly, I will test a couple of what I have in stock and one from the shipment I am about to receive and if I find issues I will find a different distributor.

If anyone else has had any issue with the cannon I supply please let us know here immediately.

info@passiondetailing.ca
02-26-2016, 03:42 PM
What is the specs of your pressure washer ?
I'm sure Corey will handle all this, but it is important to note the maximum rating, but also the minimum rating of a foam cannon. These tools are made for maximum effectiveness within a certain GPM and PSI range. Some foam cannons are built to work with basic residential pressure washers, as others requires a much higher flow, usually assumed by commercial grade pressure washers mostly.

While most resellers doesn't even specify what is the effective range of the tools they sell (Corey does!), it is an important thing to check with the seller before purchasing.

As an exemple, here is two different Professional MTM Hydro foam cannons.
http://velociperformance.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Veloci-Vehicle-Cleaning-Foam-Cannons.pdf

DapperDon
02-26-2016, 04:01 PM
I have the MTM #.0263 for a few years now and it is a suds spewing beast. Trucks, cars, boats. Doesn't matter. But one thing to remember is that cold water inhibits any suds action that occours and that happens with a lot of low pressire electric pressure washers. I have a 2900psi Gas model from HD (that they don't sell anymore) that keeps the water nice and hot after the unit has warmed up for a few minutes.

fdresq4
02-26-2016, 09:54 PM

Askero,

Don't worry about beating a dead horse, you're doing your due dillegence. I recently changed my strainer and that made a world of difference for me. With that said, I use the stuffing outbox mine and that is even with a clean water flush after use.

Like info and Don said, sometimes there is an issue with the pressure with the washers and the cannon as far as proper pairing.

Sorry you are having issues but I'm sure Corey won't feel like you are bothering him. Customer Service is very important to him.

Steve

instalher
04-04-2017, 03:59 AM
maybe the c.g is just a better gun..... just sayin....

Corey
04-09-2017, 05:59 PM
maybe the c.g is just a better gun..... just sayin....

May have been! This is a pretty old thread and not the same cannons we offer now. We switched to the MTM Foam cannons and any customer of ours that ever had an issue we will happily replace with the ones we offer since mid last year if we did not already refund them. Defective rate was too high on the ones we sold back in the day.