PDA

View Full Version : Care and feeding of a CQuartz Finest coated car?

PacWest
03-24-2016, 05:14 PM
I had CQuartz Finest applied to a new 2016 SUV. I asked the dealer not to wash it and took it directly from the dealership to the detailer. They offered to do the first, or one of the first, wash and spray treatments so I dropped it off at the detailers.

I was told they were spraying CarPro Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant on the car after washing.

I was under the impression I would only need to wash the car for the next two years and would not need to wax or apply sealants.

Although it looks easy to apply, and there is a car shampoo version HydroFoam as well, I was surprised the detailer recommended using the sealant every other month or so.

Is this a common recommendation for the care and feeding of a CQuartz Finest coated car?

I also noticed CarPro car wash formulas, Iron x, tar-X (sp?) to name a few, and a CarPro reload spray sealant product that is used to maintain CQuartz but it looks a little more difficult to apply.

I assume products like Adams car wash are acceptable?

Thanks in advance for clarification.

Corey
03-24-2016, 08:08 PM
I had CQuartz Finest applied to a new 2016 SUV. I asked the dealer not to wash it and took it directly from the dealership to the detailer. They offered to do the first, or one of the first, wash and spray treatments so I dropped it off at the detailers.

I was told they were spraying CarPro Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant on the car after washing.

I was under the impression I would only need to wash the car for the next two years and would not need to wax or apply sealants.

Although it looks easy to apply, and there is a car shampoo version HydroFoam as well, I was surprised the detailer recommended using the sealant every other month or so.

Is this a common recommendation for the care and feeding of a CQuartz Finest coated car?

I also noticed CarPro car wash formulas, Iron x, tar-X (sp?) to name a few, and a CarPro reload spray sealant product that is used to maintain CQuartz but it looks a little more difficult to apply.

I assume products like Adams car wash are acceptable?

Thanks in advance for clarification.

Hand wash vehicle regularly with CarPro Reset

Occasionally (every 3 to 6 months) decontaminate surface with CarPro Iron X. Use during wash cycle (after Reset)

Apply CarPro Reload for special occasions, any time you like, or after Iron X
NOTE: to answer your question we wouldn't need to use Hydro2 or Reload as often as they stated but it doesn't hurt if we want

Precautions:

A.- Avoid sprinkler and hard tap water (If your vehicle is subjected to this and it is not removed in the regular wash cycle then use CarPro Spotless and MF towel.
B.- Remove bird bombs from vehicle surfaces ASAP (Ultima Waterless Wash + MF towel)

The most important thing for your Finest coated vehicle is to simply wash it regularly.

Washing... it's simply Reset, merino mitt, dry me crazy.

When washing its critical to rinse your mitt after every panel BEFORE placing the mitt back in your soap and back on the paint.

Adams car wash is fine, but doesn't provide the benefits of reset which is zero residue left behind like other soaps such as Adams.

Tar X should be used only with caution on a coated vehicle and not in the sun and not scrubbed into the coating.

Glazer
02-13-2017, 11:19 AM
Hand wash vehicle regularly with CarPro Reset

Occasionally (every 3 to 6 months) decontaminate surface with CarPro Iron X. Use during wash cycle (after Reset)

Apply CarPro Reload for special occasions, any time you like, or after Iron X
NOTE: to answer your question we wouldn't need to use Hydro2 or Reload as often as they stated but it doesn't hurt if we want

Precautions:

A.- Avoid sprinkler and hard tap water (If your vehicle is subjected to this and it is not removed in the regular wash cycle then use CarPro Spotless and MF towel.
B.- Remove bird bombs from vehicle surfaces ASAP (Ultima Waterless Wash + MF towel)

The most important thing for your Finest coated vehicle is to simply wash it regularly.

Washing... it's simply Reset, merino mitt, dry me crazy.

When washing its critical to rinse your mitt after every panel BEFORE placing the mitt back in your soap and back on the paint.

Adams car wash is fine, but doesn't provide the benefits of reset which is zero residue left behind like other soaps such as Adams.

Tar X should be used only with caution on a coated vehicle and not in the sun and not scrubbed into the coating.

What is the best wool mitt for washing a car thanks

fdresq4
02-13-2017, 12:34 PM
I have the Merino Mitt...Thanks Tad..:D

https://www.carpro-us.com/wash-mitts-and-sponges/carpro-merino-wool-wash-mitt/

And the M.F. Incredimitt...

https://www.carpro-us.com/microfiber-madness/microfiber-madness-incredimitt/

Either way you can't go wrong with proper technique...

Steve

DARK HORSE
02-13-2017, 02:35 PM

Steve

^^Again "spot On", two of my all time favorites!!

Glazer
02-13-2017, 11:56 PM

Steve

Do you think rinsing the mitt after washing each panel is just as good as the 2 bucket method which I don't like doing

fdresq4
02-14-2017, 12:30 AM
Do you think rinsing the mitt after washing each panel is just as good as the 2 bucket method which I don't like doing

I like the physical agitation/removal of the Rinse bucket then back into the wash bucket. I do have the Grit Guards and you would be amazed what is at the bottom of the Rinse bucket by the end.

Glazer
02-14-2017, 12:32 AM
I like the physical agitation/removal of the Rinse bucket then back into the wash bucket. I do have the Grit Guards and you would be amazed what is at the bottom of the Rinse bucket by the end.

Ok thanks I guess I will continue doing it

fdresq4
02-14-2017, 01:46 PM
^^Again "spot On", two of my all time favorites!!

No, No, No spots!! LOL!