PDA

View Full Version : Spots on Cquartz

Smitty
03-27-2016, 10:03 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160327/eb431a2fc77d9486f757648831c8b3ff.jpg

I double coated my hood with Cquartz Classic recently. All was well until this morning. Over the last week, the pollen has been bad and I had a layer of fine dust cover the truck from a construction area. Friday and Saturday we had considerable rain that rinsed most of it off. Today I used UWW+ to do a wipe down/WW. Only the coated areas have these spots left. It looks similar to a water spot. What's the easiest way to correct without affecting the coating.

Sent from my phone when I should be working.

DARK HORSE
03-27-2016, 11:25 PM
Do you have any CarPro Spotless Water Spot Remover? That should take care of it. If you don't have any, you can try some lightly diluted white vinegar, that may work too. Either way be sure to rinse well after application.

Smitty
03-28-2016, 02:58 AM
No but I was actually thinking about that. I may order a small bottle and try it. What I don't understand is that this only happened on the panels that have Cquartz. This is my test vehicle so I have other products on other panels.

Sent from my phone when I should be working.

tmorell
10-30-2018, 03:58 AM
It was my understanding that the CQuartz will protect against these!

Dr Oldz
10-30-2018, 05:57 AM
Unfortunately in my area, water spots has led me away from coatings. The acid rain in my area is a SOAB. I still use traditional waxes and sealants. While reload does make a difference, it’s not the answer for a customer.

tmorell
10-30-2018, 12:17 PM
Unfortunately in my area, water spots has led me away from coatings. The acid rain in my area is a SOAB. I still use traditional waxes and sealants. While reload does make a difference, it’s not the answer for a customer.Are you referring to coatings from any brand, or CQuartz specifically?
I also got "water spots" after 4 weeks of coated, and now I have to polish the hole car again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The Guz
10-30-2018, 03:12 PM
Coatings in general have the potential to water spot. In saying this I have not had any issues with a coating developing water spots including CarPro coatings. Only time was when my brother was caught by the sprinklers. Gliss is always an option to help with water spotting as that is one of the key attributes of it that it was designed for.

Dr Oldz
10-30-2018, 09:05 PM
Are you referring to coatings from any brand, or CQuartz specifically?
I also got "water spots" after 4 weeks of coated, and now I have to polish the hole car again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

All brands. Actually CQ UK was the best performer as far a spotting. But I stick to traditional waxes for the most part now a days.