PDA

View Full Version : CarPro HydroFoam questions.....

Ralph III
04-10-2016, 08:20 PM
Hello All,
I've recently discovered HydroFoam and Hydro2 and have a few questions. Just FYI, I managed a detail business for 14 years. I still participate on a few detail forums and offer advice for personal vehicles.

Anyhow, I'm really interested in the Hydrofoam mostly because of the sheeting ability. In addition, you're apparently adding a sealant layer as you wash? So these are two excellent features.

1) How does the Hydrofoam compare to other quality car wash soaps? I've been using Meguiars Gold Class, Mothers Wash and Wax and Eagle One Wax-as-U-Wash (nano-carnauba). I rotate between those three with each being highly rated car wash soaps. They clean well, they create a lot of suds and each has superior lubricity. They also offer other beneficial aspects.

2) Can you wash with the HydroFoam on a weekly basis or is it recommended for occasional washes only? The brands I use are fine for weekly usage.

3) Can you alternate another car wash soap, such as Eagle One, with Hydrofoam?

Ex) Wash with one on a given week and the other the following week?

4) Is there any detrimental affects with Hydrofoam? Does it streak easily, is it only effective with a pressure washer, does it create a haze in which case the car has to be decontaminated at times?

Note: I typically use a garden hose with variable flow nozzle.

5) My routine and as I've been recommending for years is as follows. I typically wash with either Eagle One or Mothers (my favorite). Each one has some carnauba in it. I then use a detail spray or spray wax during the drying process for the extra benefits and the lubricity. I use the Meguiars soap every few months when I anticipate polishing or using a traditional wax afterward.

In what way is Hydrofoam going to offer greater benefits than my typical process?

God Bless,
Ralph

Corey
04-11-2016, 06:18 PM
Hello All,
I've recently discovered HydroFoam and Hydro2 and have a few questions. Just FYI, I managed a detail business for 14 years. I still participate on a few detail forums and offer advice for personal vehicles.

Anyhow, I'm really interested in the Hydrofoam mostly because of the sheeting ability. In addition, you're apparently adding a sealant layer as you wash? So these are two excellent features.

1) How does the Hydrofoam compare to other quality car wash soaps? I've been using Meguiars Gold Class, Mothers Wash and Wax and Eagle One Wax-as-U-Wash (nano-carnauba). I rotate between those three with each being highly rated car wash soaps. They clean well, they create a lot of suds and each has superior lubricity. They also offer other beneficial aspects.

2) Can you wash with the HydroFoam on a weekly basis or is it recommended for occasional washes only? The brands I use are fine for weekly usage.

4) Is there any detrimental affects with Hydrofoam? Does it streak easily, is it only effective with a pressure washer, does it create a haze in which case the car has to be decontaminated at times?

5) My routine and as I've been recommending for years is as follows. I typically wash with either Eagle One or Mothers (my favorite). Each one has some carnauba in it. I then use a detail spray or spray wax during the drying process for the extra benefits and the lubricity. I use the Meguiars soap every few months when I anticipate polishing or using a traditional wax afterward.

In what way is Hydrofoam going to offer greater benefits than my typical process?

God Bless,
Ralph

Hi Ralph, thank you for the post! See below for my answers.

For a superior soap we would recommend CarPro Reset. Hydrofoam does have some cleaning abilities but not as much as Reset. Reset has superior lubricity, cleaning, and rinses free far better than other soaps. Hydrofoils attribute which is not available in any other product is the level of protection it applies to the surface which is glossier, better hydrophobics, better dirt and dust resistance, and far better chemical resistance (so the gloss stays for months)

No point in using it weekly but you can use it as often as you like, We like to use Reset regularly as it doesnt leave any surfactants, gloss enhancers, or oily waxes on the surface like traditional shampoos can which will temporarily not allow the nanotech slants in our line to perform to their full capacity.

Sure, I would go reset in between if you want best performance but yes you can no problem

No need for a pressure washer, a hose with lots of water and a good nozzle is perfect - just be sure to read my application notes on applying via spray bottle. It will not streak if used as directed on my product page in the store.

As noted above in the benefits I mentioned for hydrofoam. If you go Hydrofoam I would strongly recommend you also go Reset. The waxes in most soaps on the market are low grade, low cost ingredients to give the affect they do but they do not last like Hydrofoam nanotech sealant does and they only leave a residue that works against it.

I hope that helps,
Thank you!