PDA

View Full Version : 50 mil =how may cars

LeMarque
05-11-2016, 08:29 PM
I realize I can apply more than one coat and size does matter, but on average, how many sedans will 50 mil coat?

TIA

DARK HORSE
05-12-2016, 02:21 AM
Man that's a tuff question, SO many variables. For example; how thick is it applied, to what surfaces (wheels, glass, etc), how many coats, how much product is inadvertently wasted, etc? With all that said, I will tell you that I apply it very thick, and even thicker to wheels (most likely some what wasteful) and I can do 4 average sized vehicles with Cquartz. However I know some guys who get as many as 6 or 7 vehicles from a 50 ml bottle. Hope that helps.

PWP Detailing
05-12-2016, 03:11 AM
I always seem to do a mix of vehicle types per bottle. I usually get a car a full size truck and a small crossover or small suv, so 3 total, out of one bottle with a tiny bit left to do some of a 4th. And I'm guilty of laying it on a little heavy.

LeMarque
05-12-2016, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Any drawbacks to applying 2 'average' (i.e. not heavy coats vs.) one heavy coat. That is layering the second coat an hour or so later?

Nalod
05-16-2016, 05:23 PM
Wash, IronX, Dry, Reflect, Erase, Cquartz 2 coats on horizontals. Let cure overnight in garage, then Reload All day job for novice.
Not sure I want to do this again. I'll see how long it lasts. It was not hard to work with, just a longer day than expected!
Car looks great. I should have used Essence as car (3 years old but new to me) had more swirl than I thought. The car will live out doors but I was able to borrow someones garage and used two very intense and hot Halogen lights and saw all kinds of stuff. Car looks amazing when not under scrutiny of those lights.

Love the IronX on wheels and how it cleans off with power washer. Looking forward to using Hydro2 on wheels as well as car in the next few weeks. I also plan on using Reload from time to time.

Corey
05-16-2016, 05:38 PM
I figure approximately 15ml per coat on average size car but like Dark Horse said people apply all different ways, paint is more porous then other paint, etc etc. In general figure 15ml per coat.

AbsoLust CarCare
05-22-2017, 07:15 AM
For me 50ml just enough for 1.5cars for toyota camry, mazda 6, honda accord size.......

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk