PDA

View Full Version : Hydrofoam with foam gun question

allbizns
05-19-2016, 05:40 PM
Hey guys sorry it has been a while seems work and life has gotten in the way. I appologize!!
Just received my hydrofoam and was getting ready to use it. The question I have is I have a gilmore adj rate foam gun and not a cannon. Has anyone used this combination and what is the reccomended ratio to use. If it is still 1:9 what setting should I use. I believe the settings are as follows
1oz to 1 gallon, 2oz to 1 gallon, 4oz to 1 gallon, 6oz to 1 and 12oz to 1.
Any help would be apreciated.
Also the car has been coated with a sealant is this someting that hydrofoam will adhere to or what should I wash with to prep.

Thanks for any info.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

donbeezy
05-21-2016, 01:32 PM
hydrofoam with foam gun
http://carproforum.com/showthread.php?t=4055

allbizns
05-21-2016, 02:40 PM
Thank you for the link that helps alot.

donbeezy
05-21-2016, 02:52 PM
Thank you for the link that helps alot.

if I remember correctly. I had enough to do 2 trucks but was on the medium setting. I would open up to the biggest setting for 1 car and full lubricity

allbizns
05-21-2016, 03:22 PM
I will give that a try and post back how it works if it would just stop raining here haha.

allbizns
05-23-2016, 03:02 AM
Hey guys got a chance to try the Hydra foam in the foam gun today I mixed it as Don did 3oz of hydra foam to 30oz water and ran the gun on setting "D" it had decent foam also like Don I did not notice any smell but product worked extremely well. You could almost see it start to repel itself if you didn't rinse it quickly.
I didn't experience any streaking. The shine and beading is noticably better than the last product I was using. I had more than enough product @ 30oz with the gun on setting "d" to do my Audi S5 it's not a very large car but not a compact plus I was not sparing with the product either. I will update when I get a chance to do my f150 and see if that is enough product. As well as the Hydra foam worked I'm excited to give the regular Hydro a try.
I also tried Perl for the first time and am in love with it. it's my new trim and underhood go to. Great products Corey excited to continue to try new things.

donbeezy
05-23-2016, 12:10 PM
Hey guys got a chance to try the Hydra foam in the foam gun today I mixed it as Don did 3oz of hydra foam to 30oz water and ran the gun on setting "D" it had decent foam also like Don I did not notice any smell but product worked extremely well. You could almost see it start to repel itself if you didn't rinse it quickly.
I didn't experience any streaking. The shine and beading is noticably better than the last product I was using. I had more than enough product @ 30oz with the gun on setting "d" to do my Audi S5 it's not a very large car but not a compact plus I was not sparing with the product either. I will update when I get a chance to do my f150 and see if that is enough product. As well as the Hydra foam worked I'm excited to give the regular Hydro a try.
I also tried Perl for the first time and am in love with it. it's my new trim and underhood go to. Great products Corey excited to continue to try new things.

how much did you have left over in the 32oz mixture

allbizns
05-23-2016, 03:52 PM
It was about 3 to 4oz like I said

allbizns
05-23-2016, 03:54 PM
Sorry I hit send I was not sparing with it either I might have over used some.

rlmccarty2000
05-27-2016, 09:48 PM
Do you have the same water sheeting with Hydrofoam as Hydro2? I have tried both and got much better results with Hydro2.

allbizns
05-28-2016, 11:06 AM
That's what I have heard as well I have not had a chance to use the Hydro yet. I was going to try and use it this week end to compair.

donbeezy
05-30-2016, 03:54 AM
Do you have the same water sheeting with Hydrofoam as Hydro2? I have tried both and got much better results with Hydro2.

hydro2 is much better but hydrofoam is excellent for being a soap

allbizns
05-30-2016, 02:51 PM
I just did my wagon yesterday with Hydro 2 and I will agree that car was in bad shape and it really brought the shine back along with making it really slick and it now sheets water like crazy. It was bad before it treated it no beading what so ever.