PDA

View Full Version : An upcoming UK Recoat

Mark
06-09-2016, 08:08 PM
During a Memorial Day Sale at a competitor site (AG) I took advantage of a 20% off Sale with $5 Shipping, and ordered a few Carpro goodies, nothing else.

One .5L (two 250ml bottles) of Essence, and a fresh 30ml bottle of CQ UK, and a bottle of CQ DLX.

The one major hurdle is "when" will I do it, and how? Weather here has been nice, in fact "too nice", with Temps hovering at 100 and perhaps even above for the past 10 days or longer.

My plan of attack on my white Tahoe, is wash the SUV and prep clean it, re-cover it (as it sits outside under a carport with a Covercraft Weathershield HD Cover) and then the following morning, do a quick wipe with a damp MF, Mask, polish with Essence, and lay down the CQ UK.

I want to only concentrate on all lower panels, and not the roof at all initially. As some of you can imagine, a 1997 Tahoe is a lot of real estate to handle in one singular day for one person. And I surely don't wish to hastily rush through any process.

Nor, try to lay down CQ UK at midday high 90's temps.

I do have a 50ml bottle of CQ UK sealed, never opened, but I know it is well over a year old in age.

I would like to try using it first, and not sure how that will go, and know I'll be testing the limits of shelf life for sure. I will test on one Panel, and if all looks good, I'll continue on. If not, I'll reach for the new bottle, and come back to that panel perhaps the next day to re-polish, and re-coat.

As I understand it, Essence should be used very sparingly, and while I have no Carpro Pads on hand, I might be inclined to try either Lake Country Blue, or Black Pads? I have a boatload of these two on hand to try. I have read "no priming" the pad with Essence, but might be a little more liberal than just 3 drops on initial first section passes (perhaps 5-6 drops), then taper off product use. (I should try some on my junker Kia to see how Essence behaves with polishing and wipe off first, might be a good plan)

My truck really needs next to nothing as far as correction, just need the Essence to do what it does, break through the Reload on board, polish, fill and prep for the new Coating is all.

Mark
06-09-2016, 11:57 PM
You have to believe, me, I have short patience.

I popped open one bottle of Essence, walked under the carport, and applied by hand a few drops and rubbed down the A-B Pillars of my junk-mobile Kia Spectra.

Five minutes later I did a wipedown with an MF Towel. Boy oh boy, smooth as silk, like I spent a 1/2 hour claying and polishing, slick like waxed glass, and in no way sticky, draggy, just really nice I thought.

I think I'm going to have a lot of good fun with this one.