PDA

View Full Version : C Quartz over Reload?

GoldenGg
07-16-2016, 04:38 AM
Okay, so a few weeks ago i polished up the passenger side doors of my 10 year old Lexus (my detailing guinea pig) and applied 2016 Reload to these two doors. My detailing cabinet continues to grow and low and behold, the mailman brought a box containing C Quartz (gee how did that happen?).

So, now i am in the process of polishing the rest of the car and applying C Quartz to it. The question is, how should i prepare the two doors that already have Reload on them? Typically Reload goes on top of C Quartz, not the other way around!

I thank you in advance for your advice and wisdom!

fdresq4
07-16-2016, 10:59 AM
Hi G and :welcome:,

Did you chemically or mechanically decon the paint as part of the CQ app process?
In order for success with CQ, it has to bond with the paint directly. If you are using Essence, via machine, you're ok.

You could do a light polish, Essence or Reflect, on those doors.

Steve

GoldenGg
07-16-2016, 03:12 PM
Hi G and :welcome:,

Did you chemically or mechanically decon the paint as part of the CQ app process?
In order for success with CQ, it has to bond with the paint directly. If you are using Essence, via machine, you're ok.

You could do a light polish, Essence or Reflect, on those doors.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Prior to applying Reload to the doors, I washed and clayed the paint, wet sanded some of the scratches, then used a DA with cutting compound and pad, followed by a light polish and polishing pad. I then used Eraser, then applied the Reload.

So now I am looking to apply C Quartz to the doors. Based upon you email, it sounds like a light polish should remove the Reload, a little Eraser and I should be good to go for the C Quartz. application. If i have something incorrect, please let me know!

Thank you Steve for your reply!

fdresq4
07-16-2016, 04:38 PM
G,

Sounds like a plan with the doors. Polish, Eraser to ensure removal of any foreign oils and such, then CQuartz.

Also using Snow Foam straight as a decon wash wouldn't hurt in the process, assuming you have a foam cannon. SnowFoam, Polish, Eraser. If you don't then polish/Eraser combo.

HOPEFULLY, we will see some pics of the finished product....:)

Steve