PDA

View Full Version : Hand polish and daily maintenance

Laur
07-24-2016, 10:03 AM
Hi

New to this forum, but looks great :-)

I am new to all this detaling, but got at car that deserves som love :-) It is 1 year old Mercedes with black metalic paint. The paint is fine at the moment.

Don´t have that much time, but would like to keep the car shining..... Would like to hear your comment on my plan for maintenance:

3-4 times a month:
* Wash with CarPro Reset
* Use Hydro2 Lite about once every month
* Use CarPro Microfiber BOA til dry the car

1-2 times a year:
* Wash with CarPro Reset
* Use CarPro Clayblok together with CarPro Immolube
* Wash again with Eraser
* Hand polish with CarPro Essence
* Next time I wash the car aply Hydro2 Lite

Quistions:
* Ok plan?
* Would you use any quick detaling the times I just wash the car?
* Can I apply Hydro2 Lite just after I have hand polished with Essence or should I wait until next wash?
* What would you use til hand polishe with Essence?

Laur

Cooter
07-24-2016, 10:17 AM
Do you mean you wash with Reset instead of Eraser??
With Hydro2, Hydrofoam, and Hydro2Lite, you should wait 5 days or your next wash to apply it over Essence.
Your plan looks good.
Since you have black paint, you should look into getting a DA polisher. There are several on the market that don't break the bank.

Cooter
07-24-2016, 10:18 AM
BTW, Welcome to the CPF!!

Laur
07-24-2016, 10:28 AM
TY :-)

Yes ment reset not eraser :-)

Ok, what pad would you use?

Cooter
07-24-2016, 10:49 AM
I would check out the Scholl's Hand Honey spider puck. Scholl's makes some top notch polishes and pads. I'd link it for you but i'm on a Mac and still mac illiterate.

Fixed the thread for you. Changed it to Reset.

PWP Detailing
07-24-2016, 06:02 PM
Yea the honey pads should offer a very nice finish with essence. They are a pad that has really impressed me on my last few jobs. I love them and plan to get quite a bit more.

Laur
07-24-2016, 06:26 PM
Super... Ty

If I try with a DA polisher, what pad would you use then?

Laur

Cooter
07-25-2016, 02:01 AM
IF you plan on using Essence with it. Probably the CarPro Microfiber pad and the Scholls Honey Neo pad.

Merlin
07-25-2016, 07:52 PM
I might suggest drying with a Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy (25" x 17") (http://www.carpro-us.com/microfiber-madness/microfiber-madness-dry-me-crazy-25-x-17/)

Carpro BOA's are my regular go-to mf towels. Have you tried a MF Madness Crazy Pile (http://www.carpro-us.com/search.php?search_query=crazy+pi)?