PDA

View Full Version : New Member in Huntsville, AL

MrMeat
09-09-2016, 08:27 AM
Had my Hellcat detailed wrapped and coated (CQ Finest) by Vinny in Nashville. He told me more about Car Pro and now I am really into the products. I am anal about keeping my daily driver looking great and not spending all of my time keeping it that way. I am on here to try to learn from others with more experience or better ideas. I am an aeronautical engineer and site director for my office.

Cooter
09-09-2016, 09:10 AM
Hi MrMeat! Welcome to the CPF!! I went up to Huntsville about 4 years ago. Great town! I sure loved seeing that BlackBird at the SpaceCenter. CarPro makes some great products! Also check out Microfiber Madness!

MrMeat
09-09-2016, 12:14 PM
Hi MrMeat! Welcome to the CPF!! I went up to Huntsville about 4 years ago. Great town! I sure loved seeing that BlackBird at the SpaceCenter. CarPro makes some great products! Also check out Microfiber Madness!

I just received 2 of the Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile towels yesterday. I haven't used them yet but they really feel fantastic. I may try more of their stuff soon.

Thanks for the welcome reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DARK HORSE
09-09-2016, 04:26 PM
Hello MrMeat, :welcome: to CarPro forum... GLAD you found us!!

fdresq4
09-09-2016, 10:10 PM
Welcome aboard!

Steve

Corey
09-12-2016, 10:49 PM
Welcome Mr Meat! Congrats on the Hellcat and on having it perfected and Finest applied.

The basics:

I would highly recommend Reset - Intensive Car Shampoo as your maintenance soap of choice.

Wash Mitt - Merino Wool Wash Mitt - my favorite for a very well cared for car that does not get dirty.
Note: for cars that are not perfectly maintained the Microfiber Madness Incredimitt may be the better option as it grabs dirt very well and rinses out very easily.

Drying Towel - Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy (25” x 17”)

Quick Detailer or fast bird bomb or bug remover - use Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate 16 oz. Bundle w/Bottle and Sprayer

(2) Grit Guard Insert - Blue

(2) - 5 Gallon Buckets from local hardware store (cost less there then buying the buckets online) bring your Grit Guard in with you and you can check the fit but they fit most 5 gallon buckets)

2 to 3 of the Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile (16” x 16”)

For washing Microfiber - Micro-Restore MicroFiber Detergent (1 Quart) You can also use any liquid “FREE AND CLEAR” Detergent with no softeners or dyes bought at the grocery store.

When washing its critical to rinse your mitt after every panel BEFORE placing the mitt back in your soap and back on the paint.

CarPro Iron X 500ml (16 oz) should be used every 3-12 months depending on the environment to keep the surface smooth of brake dust particles.

For adding gloss down the road or topping your coating you MAY (if you choose) use CarPro HydroFoam 500ml every 3-12 months or CarPro Reload (500ml). (Be sure to hit me up for complete tips on use of either of those two products.
A few washing directions with the bucket method:
After each time you wash a panel (or two if small) take the mitt and rinse it VERY thoroughly by hose or rubbing it on the grit guard in your “rinse bucket”. Then remove from rinse bucket, dip in wash bucket and head back to the next panel to wash a couple more. Repeat across the vehicle.
Never use the same mitt or towels on the wheels that you do on the vehicle paint.
Possible… Depending on your wheels and if you want them to stay clean inside the barrels get the Wheel woolie brush (either medium or large depending on spoke gap sizes
Are you familiar with how to care for Microfiber towels? I have detailed tips on the bottom of the page of any microfiber towel. Just click the page and scroll down - BOA (5 Pack) Super Soft Plush Microfiber Towel - 16” x 24”
CQ Finest Basic Care and best practices:
1.- Hand wash vehicle regularly with CarPro Reset
2.- Occasionally (every 3 to 12 months) decontaminate surface with CarPro Iron X.
3.- Apply CarPro Reload or Hydrofoam for special occasions, any time you like, or after Iron X
Precautions:
A.- Avoid sprinkler and hard tap water being left on the surface
B.- Remove bird bombs from vehicle surfaces as soon as possible (Ultima Waterless Wash + MF towel)

For wheels and such we have the Incredibrush Flat, Tuga wheel cleaner, various brushes... It just depends on your focus and what you need. Don't get a bunch of things that do the same thing but rather just the items you need. Let us know if you need any support on what to use for a certain application.

Merlin
12-01-2016, 07:40 PM
Welcome to CPF!

:welcome:

Lots of GREAT folks here.

:CarproRules:

DetailTrail
12-02-2016, 05:03 PM
A big welcome