PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning and maintenance

Soulspatch
09-30-2016, 10:44 AM
I am still learning about CarPro and all this new nano tech car product stuff, been 20 years since I detailed as a job, and all this new tech makes what I did look primitive. I washed then clayed my car using the yellow medium bar and Iron X. Then I went over it with Reset before applying Reload. Car came up great, I was very impressed. I live in a high dust area not far from a stock feed mill which I also work just down the road from. Rain does an impressive job now of cleaning the car and not leaving water spots. But it is not perfect, and it does not always rain of course. What would any one here recommend for washing/maintenance? I was looking at either Hydro Foam or Reset? Do these products complement and enhance Reload's properties, or will I have to re-apply Reload? I was thinking more along the lines of Hydro Foam myself.

Long tern I want to apply Cquartz UK Edition with the Reload when my budget allows me to build up my product base.

Soulspatch
10-09-2016, 07:53 AM
Does any one have any information on this?

fdresq4
10-09-2016, 02:14 PM
I use RESET once a week to week and a half depending on your environmental and road conditions. I use a foam cannon with a three bucket wash. One bucket is dedicated to the wheels as is the washing media. The other two buckets consist of one wash, soap and water, and one rinse, just plain water to rinse out media using soap and water. RESET contains no additives that cover/ mask RELOAD's protection. A great soap imo especially when you get your car coated.
If you still notice a little less beading shortly after applying RELOAD, add a little bit of an All Purpose Cleaner to the soap to enhance cleaning capabilities.
As far as HYDRO, you can use it as needed. I find maybe every month and a half to two months. Honestly, I could probably even use it every three months in my situation. Could you use it every wash, yes but no need to unless you live in an area that is filled with environmental issues.
I have seen RELOAD, when properly applied, prep and maintained, last up to 6 months prior to HYDRO being introduced. Sometimes less but, again, depends on your situation.

Finally, you may want to investigate a great product like Ultima Waterless Wash Plus for a Rinseless wash if your car isn't too dusty or dirty..

http://www.carpro-us.com/auto-wash/ultima-waterless-wash-concentrate-16-oz-bundle-w-bottle-and-sprayer/

Hope that helped,

Steve

silverfox
10-09-2016, 02:25 PM
Car pro needs to produce a rinseless wash that works with coatings.

Cooter
10-10-2016, 02:31 AM
Silverfox, thats been in the works for a while. IIRC the product name was Echo. We gave away some samples at SEMA last year but the product is still being perfected.

Soulspatch
10-10-2016, 09:13 AM
I just gave it a wash with power wash (no cleaning product), and dried it off and it came up quit nice. First wash since I put on the Reload about a month ago, still beading up nicely. I'm gona go with the Hydro Foam, I'm picking it will add to Reload's protection.

fdresq4
10-10-2016, 12:24 PM
I just gave it a wash with power wash (no cleaning product), and dried it off and it came up quit nice. First wash since I put on the Reload about a month ago, still beading up nicely. I'm gona go with the Hydro Foam, I'm picking it will add to Reload's protection.

It will indeed.