PDA

View Full Version : Hydro2 Maintaince Dilution Ratios

mobiledynamics
11-02-2016, 12:58 AM
What effect does dilution ratio play with Hydro2. The recommend rate if 1:4 for application. Let's just say if I want to using it as a booster on Month 2 or Week 8 since initial application, @ 1:6 or 1:8, any benefits to it ?

mobiledynamics
01-12-2017, 04:03 PM
Just for the helluva of it, 1st winter wash.

I H2O both DD at 1:8
Not sure if any product ~stuck~ since it's pretty hydrophobic with what was on it, but I suppose it can fill in any voids to mitigate the salt snow

mobiledynamics
01-13-2017, 12:40 AM
Couple hrs later....

Between UK, Reload that was applied about 45 days ago, Hydr02 does stick....
The surface as a touch up, did add back a touch of slickness that you get with Fresh Reload.

CP gurus, should I cut Hydr02 even finer, if I'm considering just doing 30-45 day touchups during the winter season

DARK HORSE
01-13-2017, 01:53 AM
I would not dilute any further, the benifits would be considerably diminished.

The Guz
01-13-2017, 06:06 AM
I wouldn't go any farther than the recommended dilution ratio which has been recently updated 1:6.

If you are looking for some maintenance ideas this would be a couple options. Just depends on the weather conditions.

-Stick with hydro every few months (~2-3 months)
-Wash and apply Reload ever few months (~3-4 months)
-Wash and use Ech2o as a maintenance detail spray until you desire to use another application of hydro or reload. Ech2o would leave a little protection behind (~2 weeks). You could even mix reload into ech2o to add a little more protection.

mobiledynamics
01-13-2017, 11:55 AM
Just for clarity, because I was not applying this onto raw paint and because the surface was fairly hydrophobic, I was diluting it yes for economics, but in the POV that 1:6 might be wasting some product since it was not going to ~adhere~ as easily as if the panel was raw.

Makes sense ?

BTW, still haven't wrapped my head around how this works.
I know Corey has said that WP activates it.
And some of the runoff from the mist as it *spreads* across the panels activates it uniformly. Between what dilution rate is sprayed and then *rinsing/activating* it, isn't this considered double dilution.

Sorta like how we dilute X into a foam lance, but the end product that comes out of it is ultimately determined by how much we adjust with the dilution rate on the lance.

The Guz
01-14-2017, 04:54 AM
Then the only thing I can say is to give it a go. Keep us updated if you find that happy medium with your dilutions.

Seriously consider adding ech2o to your line up for those times with you don't want to use either reload or hydro.