PDA

View Full Version : Fixer / Reflect / essence / essence plus

Jus
02-23-2017, 02:31 PM
Just used essence plus today on my vehicle that has been coated with Cquartz and loved how easy it was to use and buff off and topped it with reload as well. How often can I use essence plus? Once a week ? Once a month? Reason is coming from a wax point of view I used to wax my car every week to build layers and honestly enjoyed doing it. Now with Cquartz I find myself just washing and reloading after every wash..and miss waxing my car..Can I top up a layer of essence plus weekly like I did with wax?

Decided to read up more on other products such as fixer reflect and essence but am getting confused with their intended purposes if someone here could enlighten me it would be great.

So basically i assume that only Essence plus is safe to use on top of my Cquartz coating as it's non abrasive and is meant to repair the coating and adds a layer of sio2?

And as for correcting paint from swirls or scratches etc do I use fixer or essence? and do I need / should I follow up with reflect ?( prior to applying Cquartz ).

Car Pro has messed my routine up..everything is so easy to use and nothing left to maintain during the weekends

Jus
02-23-2017, 02:34 PM
And don't start me on ceriglass I have cleaned every glass there is to clean on all of my cars even offered and got rid of watermarks on my friend's car as well

Merlin
02-23-2017, 06:25 PM
Rumor has it a newer better Fixer is coming soon.

Reflect is a ultra fine polish.

IIRC Essence contains some reflect, some durable filler and a "primer" that allows CQuartz to be applied without the need for a complete wipe down with Eraser.

Essence Plus has NO abrasives (safe for filling swirls on a coated vehicle) contains a durable filler and adds high gloss. It is a LSP.

The Guz
02-23-2017, 08:00 PM
Merlin pretty much nailed it.

Here's my take. If you like waxing then go ahead and wax. Just note that you would be seeing the surface tension and behavior of the topper and not the coating. There is no law prohibiting one from waxing coated paint.

Just used essence plus today on my vehicle that has been coated with Cquartz and loved how easy it was to use and buff off and topped it with reload as well. How often can I use essence plus? Once a week ? Once a month?

Tough question to answer. Use it as often as needed.

Straight from the product page.

A. How long does it last?

Q. The truth is we cannot yet say. We have not yet tested to full capacity and we will certainly keep you updated as continued testing from all climates comes back. Early testing suggests months of beading and up to a year of repair to faint swirls.

Another option to consider and that is using a mix of ech20 + reload mix weekly.

Merlin
02-23-2017, 08:49 PM
Side note:

You can apply Cquartz on top of Essence without an Eraser wipedown
You can NOT apply Cquartz (or any coating) on top of Essence Plus

Essence Plus (http://carproforum.com/showthread.php?4407-REVIEW-Carpro-Essence-Plus) was designed to be used as a topper for a coated vehicle.

Essence Plus (https://www.carpro-us.com/compounds-polishes/carpro-polishes/carpro-essence-plus-non-abrasive-gloss-agent-16oz/) eliminates the need to polish a coated vehicle with swirls.

Jus
02-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Rumor has it a newer better Fixer is coming soon.

Reflect is a ultra fine polish.

IIRC Essence contains some reflect, some durable filler and a "primer" that allows CQuartz to be applied without the need for a complete wipe down with Eraser.

Essence Plus has NO abrasives (safe for filling swirls on a coated vehicle) contains a durable filler and adds high gloss. It is a LSP.

So does essence plus work like a layer of wax ? Seeing how gentle it is ..that it doesn't remove the base coating of Cquartz it shouldn't be cutting away my clear coat as well. Can it be layered like wax to provide more shin and protection?

Jus
02-24-2017, 12:51 AM
Merlin pretty much nailed it.

Here's my take. If you like waxing then go ahead and wax. Just note that you would be seeing the surface tension and behavior of the topper and not the coating. There is no law prohibiting one from waxing coated paint.

Haha that's my problem I love the behavior of Cquartz reload essence plus but miss the action of applying wax.

With wax I can live without the deep glow that it provides but hate it how after a drive dirt and dust all stick to it.

That's why I am wondering if essence plus can be used to add layers and as it claims to be gentle....to be applied weekly or monthly.

The Guz
02-24-2017, 01:24 AM
Haha that's my problem I love the behavior of Cquartz reload essence plus but miss the action of applying wax.

With wax I can live without the deep glow that it provides but hate it how after a drive dirt and dust all stick to it.

That's why I am wondering if essence plus can be used to add layers and as it claims to be gentle....to be applied weekly or monthly.

I have no idea if it layers like a wax. That is a question for Corey to answer. I just don't see the need to use it that often. I find it to be a waste of product using essence plus like a wax. But that is just me. As Merlin stated it contains no abrasives. The important thing is if you enjoy doing it then continue to do so and have fun.

I coated one of my cars and will be doing the other one shortly now that the paint has outgassed and I don't miss waxing one bit lol. I enjoy the simplicity of maintenance with coated paint.

DARK HORSE
02-24-2017, 03:43 PM
Hello Jus, yes you can layer Essence+ monthly on bare paint. However it would be overkill on a coating, and not really recommended to use it consistently that often, and if the coating is not in need of repair . However you could do it by hand if you really wanted to. You would need to apply it by hand to the entire car before wiping off. If you use a machine that often, most likely the pad will remove the previous layer and possibly/eventually start cutting into your coating (be it ever so slight). If you really want to amp up the shine!! And give you something to do weekly, I'd highly recommend you use Ech20 with a couple onces of Reload mixed in.:cool:

Jus
02-24-2017, 04:06 PM
Hello Jus, yes you can layer Essence+ monthly on bare paint. However it would be overkill on a coating, and not really recommended to use it consistently that often, and if the coating is not in need of repair . However you could do it by hand if you really wanted to. You would need to apply it by hand to the entire car before wiping off. If you use a machine that often, most likely the pad will remove the previous layer and possibly/eventually start cutting into your coating (be it ever so slight). If you really want to amp up the shine!! And give you something to do weekly, I'd highly recommend you use Ech20 with a couple onces of Reload mixed in.:cool:

Thanks dark horse! that clarifies things..at least I still can do something on the weekends and enjoy my "zen time" lol

DARK HORSE
02-24-2017, 04:14 PM
Thanks dark horse! that clarifies things..at least I still can do something on the weekends and enjoy my "zen time" lol

You will love Ech20/Reload (AKA Merlin's Magic Elixir) and I think you'll also enjoy appling it, I know I do!

http://carproforum.com/showthread.php?4468-Ech20-Reloaded-what-say-you

Jus
02-24-2017, 04:18 PM
You will love Ech20/Reload (AKA Merlin's Magic Elixir) and I think you'll also enjoy appling it, I know I do!

http://carproforum.com/showthread.php?4468-Ech20-Reloaded-what-say-you

Will definitely give this magical elixir a shot