PDA

View Full Version : Reload and Reset

03-11-2017, 07:19 AM
Hi everyone. my car has been done up with cquartz finest. I am considering to purchase the reset car shampoo and reload. Is it advisable to use the reset car shampoo once or twice a week and spraying the reload after the car wash? I just want to maintain the sleek and glossy look, hope to hear from the gurus here

fdresq4
03-11-2017, 09:08 AM
Hi everyone. my car has been done up with cquartz finest. I am considering to purchase the reset car shampoo and reload. Is it advisable to use the reset car shampoo once or twice a week and spraying the reload after the car wash? I just want to maintain the sleek and glossy look, hope to hear from the gurus here
Welcome to the forum!

Reset is a great soap that can be used all the time. As far as Reload, it is a stand alone sealant. IMO, it would be a waste to use it after every wash. Reload has longevity for up to 6 months, of course depending on your conditions around you. It's not a "quick detailer" and would just cost you money in the long run.
Also, take a look at Echo 2 as part of your maintenance program for use as a waterless or rinseless wash. That too will help with your goal.

Steve

03-11-2017, 01:23 PM
What is the best way to apply the reload? Reload lasts for 6 months, but how can I know the reload is still effective?

fdresq4
03-11-2017, 02:52 PM
Follow the directions on the bottle. I have apply it one of two ways...
Light colored vehicle, spray directly on the surface and spread with one m.f. Towel followed up by a quick buff with another.
Dark colored vehicles, apply spray to one towel and then to surface. Again followed up by a quick buff with another towel. In each case have one M.F. Towel that is damp in case you should have any streaking.

As far as longevity, that all depends on various factors...environmental, care, etc...
Sometimes adding a little All purpose cleaner to Reset will help remove caked on surface dirt that will inhibit beading, shine, and slickness.,

Ultimate Finish
03-13-2017, 07:51 AM
Another common problem is, with your maintenance regimen, if you want to use reload all the time....you better be using a high end microfiber. The more you touch your paint the more you may be marring it. Keep that in mind. That's why, for most people I recommend using hydro2 for their..."reload" needs. Please...make sure you are washing your car right. Usually Finest installers actually can wash a car without marring the paint, but I've known a few who still don't know how to was a car properly. I would suggest you seek out your Installer for a proper How To guide on this just in case. Last thing you want to do is ruin what the Installer did for you.

03-14-2017, 04:45 AM
Another common problem is, with your maintenance regimen, if you want to use reload all the time....you better be using a high end microfiber. The more you touch your paint the more you may be marring it. Keep that in mind. That's why, for most people I recommend using hydro2 for their..."reload" needs. Please...make sure you are washing your car right. Usually Finest installers actually can wash a car without marring the paint, but I've known a few who still don't know how to was a car properly. I would suggest you seek out your Installer for a proper How To guide on this just in case. Last thing you want to do is ruin what the Installer did for you.

What do you mean by high end microfiber, example? But the use of hydro2 doesn't bring out the slick and glossy feel right? mind to share what you meant by right way of washing car! - I am using the 2 bucket washing method with wash mitt to wash my car. After that I'll dry the car using chemical guys drying waffle towel.

Ultimate Finish
03-14-2017, 07:51 AM
I don't mind helping at all, but please keep in mind that the topic of washing your vehicle "properly" is widely debated. My main goal in washing a vehicle is doing everything possible to assure I do not, at the slightest, scratch the clearcoat. I would advise that you purchase a blower in order to dry your vehicle without actually touching it. Drying your vehicle with anything evokes what I call a "risk factor". This is anything that could potentially scratch or damage. Now, of course, if you are using....lets say a Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy (best drying towel in the world), you may feel as if you can not scratch the surface. This is, in fact, wrong. You can use the wrong technique. You can use too much pressure. You can be using a not so perfectly clean microfiber. You can accidentally brush over a bit of sand that just so happened to land on your paint while your were wiping it down.........needless to say...get a blower

Ultimate Finish
03-14-2017, 08:02 AM
High-end microfibers are essentially those of the highest quality coming from Korea. Car Pro sell a lot of those. Think Microfiber Madness as the perfect example. Hydro2 does give you that slick glossy feel. It as well will also protect for up to 6 months.

Washing your vehicle again can be a very lengthy conversation. I usually spend 2+ hours just going over the basics....but I turn something most consider "simple" into an art...that they will say is crazy.

2 bucket method- grit gaurds
filtered water/deionized water
best mitt in the world (MM Incredimitt)
wash top down, in sections, while in a circulating fashion
use another mitt for the bottoms of the vehicle
wash wheels and tires FIRST using a dedicated microfiber or assorted brushes (careful with the brushes)
use light....light pressure when wiping....
use reset or ultimate paint guard or another very high end wash shampoo....i advise to include some Optimum rinseless especially if washing outside.
blow dry...

also, do touchless washes more....and you will find yourself hardly ever having to even touch your paintwork. Saves the stress...but also, not getting bent out of shape for every small defect saves stress too...i just don't have that ability

fdresq4
03-14-2017, 09:13 AM
High-end microfibers are essentially those of the highest quality coming from Korea. Car Pro sell a lot of those. Think Microfiber Madness as the perfect example. Hydro2 does give you that slick glossy feel. It as well will also protect for up to 6 months.

Washing your vehicle again can be a very lengthy conversation. I usually spend 2+ hours just going over the basics....but I turn something most consider "simple" into an art...that they will say is crazy.

2 bucket method- grit gaurds
filtered water/deionized water
best mitt in the world (MM Incredimitt)
wash top down, in sections, while in a circulating fashion
use another mitt for the bottoms of the vehicle
wash wheels and tires FIRST using a dedicated microfiber or assorted brushes (careful with the brushes)
use light....light pressure when wiping....
use reset or ultimate paint guard or another very high end wash shampoo....i advise to include some Optimum rinseless especially if washing outside.
blow dry...

also, do touchless washes more....and you will find yourself hardly ever having to even touch your paintwork. Saves the stress...but also, not getting bent out of shape for every small defect saves stress too...i just don't have that ability
Instead of Optimum rinseless, why not use Echo 2? It's a Car Pro product and many have found it to be a great product.

Ultimate Finish
03-16-2017, 02:15 AM
Instead of Optimum rinseless, why not use Echo 2? It's a Car Pro product and many have found it to be a great product.

Yes! I remembered Echo2 today.... for sure try that

Ultimate Finish
03-16-2017, 02:17 AM
also...great idea to minimize damaging is to get the vehicle as clean as possible b4 you even wash it...foam canon, pressure washer, etc.

fdresq4
03-19-2017, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE=Ultimate Finish;18423]Yes! I remembered Echo2 today.... for sure try that[/QUOTE
👍 👍

03-29-2017, 08:59 AM
Do I have to mix the reload with water or can i just apply directly to my car?

What I had been doing:
1. wash the car and shampoo it
2. wipe to 80% dry
3. spray the reload on the vehicle and wipe off using carpro mf cloth

fdresq4
03-29-2017, 11:14 AM
Do I have to mix the reload with water or can i just apply directly to my car?

What I had been doing:
1. wash the car and shampoo it
2. wipe to 80% dry
3. spray the reload on the vehicle and wipe off using carpro mf cloth

Go back to post #4 on the first page. No mixing with water and I use Reload on a clean, dry vehicle.