PDA

View Full Version : Fist proper car detail

WeekendWarrior
03-15-2017, 12:28 PM
Hello everybody!

First of all I want to say that my first language is not english.
So I have detailed my car many years, but I never had use polishing machines. This time I plan to buy DA Polisher ( DAS-6 PRO Plus) and detail my car properly. I have read and watch a lot of videos how to machine polish car with DA. I have found out that DAS-6 PRO Plus is beginner friendly and really capable polisher.
I talk all my steps I have to take and looking forward your advice if its right. So I´m living in Estonia and we have really cold winters (can go up to -30C / -22F) and summers ( +30C / 86F). In winter we have a lot of snow and on roads are used salt. Previously I have used Carnauba wax but it wont last long, because I have to use chemicals to eliminate salt and asphalt (iron / tar) from car. This time I want seal my car with CQUARTZ UK (two layesr on car and wheels).

I plan to buy 50ml kit, is it enough for Audi A6 (C7) saloon - 2 layers?

Steps I take:

Apply IronX and TAR remover - afetr few minutes pressure wash
Wash the car two bucket method (with dirt quard)using detail brushes. Using CarPro Reset shampoo
If needed repeat Iron x and TAR and wash it again.
Dry car with microfiber towels and air.
Then I use clay block and clay bars with claylube. Is it necessary to wash the car again?
After that masking with tape the sensitive areas.
Measure paint thickness and mark everything on car diagramm (4-8 measures per panel).
Polishing with Chemical Guys kit http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=1551
I´ll start with less cutting polishes and look what works best for me. I don´t have deep scratches, only swirls and light scratches. After that I plan to use CarPro - Reflect High Gloss Polish and after that CarPro - Essence Gloss Enhancer.
Then I use CarPro Eraser - Intense Oil and Polish Cleanser.
Then apply CQUARTZ UK small sections at the time (working temp. 15-20C)and wipe down after few minutes. As I understand I have to apply second layer before one hour? After hour of second layer I use Reload spray. And park the car to direct sun light for faster healing. I would´t wash the car for next 7 days with shampoo and fist 48 hours avoid water.

Thank you for your time and I hope to get a lot of feedback :)