PDA

View Full Version : Considering using ONLY CarPro products, few wonderings

ThorsteinnEinars
04-17-2017, 07:33 PM
Hi guys! I'm totally addicted to CarPro products right now and I want to make sure I don't do any mistakes to my customers cars, so I've got a few questions.

1) Applying chemicals with the pressure washer soap injector, would it be suitable for:
* For soaps like Iron X - Snow soap, Reset og HydrO2 foam soap?
* For sealants like HydrO2 concentrate? Is it okay overall to apply sealant like this?

2) If HydrO2 is applied first and then Reload, will the HydrO2 strengthen the bond of the Reload to the paintwork for a longer durability?

3) Unprepared vs prepared paintwork, durability difference... (when 'prepared' I mean: Iron X + Polyshave + Eraser (not polishing))

*How important is the preparation?? Is it more necessary to prepare paintwork before C.Quartz and Reload rather than HydrO2?
*With unprepared paintwork, are the products gonna last up to 50% shorter? Is it that much?

- Looking forward for your comment! ;)

rlmccarty2000
04-20-2017, 02:34 AM
Skip the pressure washer soap dispenser. Buy a foam lance to apply Reset and Iron-X Snow Foam. Do not put Hydro2 into a soap dispenser! Mix up the proper dilution in a spray bottle and apply a panel at a time rinsing with a strong stream of water.

Reload will lengthen the time that Hydro2 stays on your paint, by adding another layer of protection.

Prep is very important. Hydro2 will bond better to absolutely clean paint or metal. How long Hydro2 lasts is dependent on many factors. Good prep is key to good bonding.

ThorsteinnEinars
04-20-2017, 02:18 PM
Skip the pressure washer soap dispenser. Buy a foam lance to apply Reset and Iron-X Snow Foam. Do not put Hydro2 into a soap dispenser! Mix up the proper dilution in a spray bottle and apply a panel at a time rinsing with a strong stream of water.

Reload will lengthen the time that Hydro2 stays on your paint, by adding another layer of protection.

Prep is very important. Hydro2 will bond better to absolutely clean paint or metal. How long Hydro2 lasts is dependent on many factors. Good prep is key to good bonding.

Thanks rlmccarty2000!

Okay yeah I wasn't expecting that putting Hydro2 concentrade in the soap dispenser was a good idea, but worth asking. But I don't see why putting Reset in the soap dispenser is a bad idea?
(I have a foam lance btw, that's not the problem. I know it won't foam as much but I think it will spare more time to use the soap dispenser instead)

Yes, Reload before Hydro2 is the common order, and is recommended ofcourse. But Hydro2 before Reload won't do anything bad will it? Physically it should make it better I guess.. but probably not many have tried that order.

Yes you're right, there are too many factors. Maybe stupid question to ask :)

rlmccarty2000
04-20-2017, 02:36 PM
Really there is no stupid question. We all learn from each other. You could spray Reload before Hydro2 without any ill effects, but it would be a waste of Reload (imo). Reload should be used after Hydro2 or any of CarPro's coating products. Reload adds a layer of shine and protection so it should be the very last product you use.

The reason for using Reset in a lance instead of the soap dispenser is based on how each device works. The foam lance mixes and creates a large amount of foam by injecting pressurized water into the lance bottle. The soap dispenser sucks a mixture of soap and water and sprays it out. You will not get the same level of foam using the soap dispenser. Not really sure how much time you would save by using the soap dispenser vs filling the lance bottle.

I enjoy having these discussions because they make me think through my processes to see if I can make better use of my time and supplies ($). I hope I have helped you think through your process and given you some ideas to try. As fast as all these manufacturers are creating new products we as detailers have to experiment with the "tools" they sell to get the best results or try to find a different product that better meets our needs.

Merlin
04-20-2017, 07:08 PM
Mix up the proper dilution in a spray bottle and apply a panel at a time rinsing with a strong stream of water.

Well said!

Georgesakr
01-02-2018, 12:48 PM
Good prep is key, however we tested Hydro2 on cars after just washing with Reset and it lasted for more than 3 months but still it wasn’t a heavily contminated vehicle. Anyway stick with good prep and apply hydro2 1:6 1 part hydro to 6 parts distilled water. And top with Reload 24 hours later