PDA

View Full Version : Pine tar

Smitty
04-27-2017, 12:55 AM
Please bear with me if this has been covered before. Trying to search Tar-x with tapatalk I only got some topics dealing with road tar.
I coated my dad's car with cquartz and it's doing well but the car is a pine tar magnet. I just removed some from the hood, polished with essence and re-coated the hood since I wasn't sure if the coating was damaged where I cleaned off the tar.
The goal is to give him a small kit to immediately remove tar without damaging the coating. Would Tar-x be the way to go? How should he follow up? He already has a bucket of UWW with pre-saoked towels for love bug removal.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DARK HORSE
04-27-2017, 04:27 AM
Only use TarX 30 days after coating, and do not allow a long dwell time or rub excessively hard. Doing this can adversely affect the coating.

Smitty
04-27-2017, 07:17 PM
Good deal. Hopefully removing it same day while soft be easier. When he brings it to me, it's baked on solid for months.
What follow up would be best to neutralize and remove the Tar-x before applying reload. Will the UWW work in this application?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DARK HORSE
04-28-2017, 03:14 AM
I prefer a traditional wash, but yes UWW+ will also work. Just be sure to use it liberally.