PDA

View Full Version : CQUARTZ CLASSIC- Wipe off Time conflicting info

Crooz1n
05-05-2017, 05:53 PM
I am having difficulty getting the correct time frame for wipe off of Cquartz classic.
I just read a post from DARK HORSE back in 2014 on Autogeek forum that said to wait 45 minutes for removal. Then I read a post here that said No 45 minutes will make removal difficult. You only need to wait 2-5 minutes depending on Temp and Humidity.
So which is it?
I understand the formula changed but man its confusing.

My kit also didn't come with the large suede MF towels but I have 3 new short nap towels for removal and some plusher towels for buffing. Will those be OK?
I don't have yellow fellows or Carpro boas but some quality other brand towels.

Also Can I clean and reuse the suede applicators if I don't let them start to crystalize?
I'd like to be able to reuse for my wheels.
If not can I use make up pads to apply?

DARK HORSE
05-05-2017, 06:36 PM
The 45 minute wipe off time you are referencing (from 2014) is an old post, and prior to a formula change! Yes the formula was changed about two years ago. For the current version (2017):

Wait between 1-5 minutes depending on temps, humidity, and paint and find the right window to wipe when you’re doing your first panel. Generally in summer temps 2-3 min. Too soon and it will still be oily. Too late and it becomes hard to remove.

For additional information, please see product page here.. www.carpro-us.com/protection/cquartz-tio2-50ml-kit/