PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Removing Caked On Cquartz

destro
05-17-2017, 03:42 PM
Hey Guys,
Tried to DYI CquartzUK, big mistake put on too much and now my car has some severe high spots, like my entire door looks matte like wax was poured on top of it, I used only about 20ml on the entire vehicle but clearly was enough to mess it up. I went to a trusted local detailer, and short of sanding he couldn't remove it. Is there some chemical solution that would help dissolve cquartz, I really don't want to go to body shop and have my car sanded down / repainted because of this, and that is the option that is being thrown out as the cutting pads don't seem to work. Thx.

DARK HORSE
05-17-2017, 04:38 PM
HI Patryk, sorry to hear of this. I'm sure
it can be resolved though. Just wanted to let you know, Corey is looking into this and answering your email as I'm typing this. You should be receiving a detailed response shortly.

Ultimate Finish
05-18-2017, 05:33 AM
where do you live, i would take to to a more skilled professional detailing company. I'm sure if you live near anyone of the guys on this site, they can help. I know I could if you were around me.

AbsoLust CarCare
05-18-2017, 06:17 AM
i do have this kind of mistake before when i learn detailing and coating application normally jus carpro wool pad and fixer will be sufficient to remove the blurred panel. even wool pad with essence also can clear off highspot too

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

destro
05-18-2017, 11:13 AM
where do you live, i would take to to a more skilled professional detailing company. I'm sure if you live near anyone of the guys on this site, they can help. I know I could if you were around me.

I live on Toronto, Canada. So if there is someone who you'd recommend wouldn't mind a second opinion.

destro
05-18-2017, 11:16 AM
HI Patryk, sorry to hear of this. I'm sure
it can be resolved though. Just wanted to let you know, Corey is looking into this and answering your email as I'm typing this. You should be receiving a detailed response shortly.

Corey from CarPro did reply and basically buffing it out is the only option. He did say using a high alkaline (paint safe) all purpose cleaner should degrade the CQuartz coating and help with the removal. I did find that pure powdered soup mixed with water = soapy water is ph12, so that might be a good bet, or go with one of those standard cleaners other detailing brands make.

He also said to use "CarPro Tar X but the trick is to NOT let the CQuartz repel it" so gotta work it in.

steve.soule.10
05-18-2017, 11:27 AM
Go see Chris Funkenhauser at Car Store in Elora. I'm sure he can knock Hugh spotted panel down and help you re apply U.K. He's not on the forum but an outstanding detailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

destro
07-17-2017, 12:31 PM
Hey Guys, just an update. I used Tar X and it worked. Basically I would coat a session with Tar X, wait 3 minutes and wipe off. After 4-5 applications it all came off. Most of the CQuartz UK comes off after 2 applications, but the thicker stuff took longer. Thanks for your help.