PDA

View Full Version : CQuartz Pro cleaning question

Markbnh1
05-21-2017, 07:31 PM
Hello! New member here. I just had CQuartz Pro installed and I have a washing issue. Per instructions, I kept it dry for 8 days, before doing just a clear water rinse and blow dry. I purchased new buckets, grit guards, merino wool mit, reset car wash, and high powered blow dryer. It seemed like no matter how much time passed the coating still had a tacky feeling. At 18 days I did my first true wash using all the stuff noted above. The finish did not clean up well at all! If I rubbed a finger over it I could brush up a fine dust that appears to be pollen. So far I am NOT happy after paying a high price for this coating! It's like it is acting as a pollen magnet and won't let it go.

Suggestions?

Thanks for any ideas!

fdresq4
05-21-2017, 08:51 PM
Hello! New member here. I just had CQuartz Pro installed and I have a washing issue. Per instructions, I kept it dry for 8 days, before doing just a clear water rinse and blow dry. I purchased new buckets, grit guards, merino wool mit, reset car wash, and high powered blow dryer. It seemed like no matter how much time passed the coating still had a tacky feeling. At 18 days I did my first true wash using all the stuff noted above. The finish did not clean up well at all! If I rubbed a finger over it I could brush up a fine dust that appears to be pollen. So far I am NOT happy after paying a high price for this coating! It's like it is acting as a pollen magnet and won't let it go.

Suggestions?

Thanks for any ideas!

Hi Mark. First, welcome to the forum. Second, did you go back to the installer to discuss your situation? That is what I would try first.

Markbnh1
05-21-2017, 10:14 PM
Hi Mark. First, welcome to the forum. Second, did you go back to the installer to discuss your situation? That is what I would try first.

No, I have not been back to the installer. He's the only one in New England and not very convenient to me. I was hoping to get some information here before making another 100 mile trip. Thanks for the suggestion though.

DARK HORSE
05-22-2017, 01:30 AM
Being that it is Professional you are having an issue with, normally the first step would be to contact your installer (even by phone), as he would have first hand knowledge of your paint. However if this is difficult for you to do, please contact Corey this week at 386-259-0759.
Best regards,
Tad