PDA

View Full Version : DLux long term durability

GMTech
06-17-2017, 06:24 PM
Hi was looking into getting DLux to use on my trim but came across a thread somewhere, I forget where, but was said that after a couple years the trim that DLux was applied to ended up looking pretty bad. Like it was peeling IIRC. Then if the trim was recoated it had very short durability before wearing off agian. For those of you that use it how is long term durability?
I am really liking carpro products and looking to get more stuff soon. I really like reset and cquartz and have been debating about getting some DLux also but would like to know what I may be dealing with long term.
Thanks!!

CH.Detailing
06-22-2017, 02:07 PM
I have DLux on my 2003 Forester, which has plastic cladding on the lower parts of the doors and plastic bumpers. Its been there for nearly three years so far, and has yet to show signs of degradation. Still beads up and hasn't faded at all over that time. No flaking or peeling. This is my winter daily driver so it sees salt exposure here in Wisconsin, and has held up very well. I don't wash it as often as I should, maybe once a month or month and a half.

CarPro Mexico
06-23-2017, 05:20 PM
15 months so far on my slightly faded rain gutters in my 1997, dalily driven VW GTI.

Beading has faded a little bit, but sheeting is still going strong. Car sits 24/7 without a roof.

fdresq4
06-24-2017, 02:19 PM
DLUX on my truck nearly two years now. Still looks new. Truck is in a garage overnights.

Greg @signaturedetailing installed it with the Finest.

dalbon
08-03-2017, 08:49 AM
I applied it on my truck's exterior plastic pieces last year and it works great until now.