PDA

View Full Version : residue after essence

algo
07-20-2017, 04:55 PM
Hi first post, a few weeks ago I put essence on a new car with a polisher, I noticed some 'streaking' after buffing it dry and used a damp microfiber towel to wipe it . I thought I got all of the streaks off and then put on reload. A few days later I took the car out in the sun and noticed white residue in some places when looking at it in certain angles. What can I do to get these marks off, do I use essence and polisher , or a polish like Meguiars 205 ?

rlmccarty2000
07-20-2017, 10:08 PM
Just repolish with Essence and it should be fine.

Merlin
07-27-2017, 08:35 PM
It may be easily polished off w/Essence. If not...I've had an occasional challenge where I did not apply it just right.
(I used Essence in the sun, the car panels were hot, too much Essence on the pad etc.) I use small pea sized drops.

Now that I have my Essence product/process figured out I get a lot less "gummy-bears" issues when I use it.
Essence is an awesome product but IMHO there is a small learning curve to using it. Do not use it like M205.
So in short...yes, I have had stubborn Essence residue. If you don't use it right you can get "Gummy-Bears"

The removal "trick", I have learned, is to wipe the paint with straight IPA and it easily stips off.
The downside is IMHO, IPA completely removes all the Essence (and all its magic) from the paint.
Essence should then be reapplied. This is where the tiny amount, gloss pad technique comes into play.

Essence is not your local auto parts store polish. (M205, Ultimate Polish) Essence is magic in a bottle.
It's easy to "learn" how to use Essence correctly but it's nice to know, if you "mess up", IPA can strip it.

NOTE: If you are using a coating be sure (from every direction) that you have NO "streaks" before applying the coating.
Learn Essence: Put it on, take it off and, put it on again using a Carpro Gloss Pad. Spend some time and learn it's properties.
In your case, Essence then just Reload, is fine. No foul. No harm. Side Note: A temperature gauge is a great little investment.

Remember: Essence has an very fine abrasive. Essence Plus does not have any abrasives.
You can put a coating on top of Essence. You can not put a coating on top of Essence Plus.

dalbon
08-09-2017, 09:37 AM
For removing swirl marks, I use Meguiars MF pad with Essence. No streaking whatsoever.

AbsoLust CarCare
08-13-2017, 04:06 PM
some soft paint does have this issue when you applied with high speed setting and slow arm speed. when paintwork temperature rise, it will have cloudy streaks that very hard to remove.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Merlin
08-13-2017, 06:24 PM
Short Version:
I only use a small amount of Essence.
Arm speed and machine speed low and slow.
Don't use a lot of downward machine pressure.
If I can, I work the product until it totally disappears.
Wipe off any remaining product with a quality mf towel.

Essence one step polish. Wipe off and coated with CQuartz Professional
2017 Ford Mustang Premium - A Miracle Detailing - CQuartz Professional (https://carproforum.com/showthread.php?4689-2017-Ford-Mustang-Premium-A-Miracle-Detailing-CQuartz-Professional)