PDA

View Full Version : A little of this and that.

Mark
08-17-2014, 09:51 PM
This morning, I wanted to wash the junker 2001 Kia, been rain, and lots of street crud the last couple weeks.

Took it to the spray wash, brought it home to wipe it down with a bucket of clear water, and a towel, and all a sudden one thing led to another! This was a weird combo, read on.

Out came the PC7424XP, two white flat 5.5" LC Pads, a Bottle of Wolfgang Uber Compound, a hand applicator for the tight spots, and a couple MF Towels.
Uber is a really sweet product, like a swirl remover, maybe more aggressive but finishes down LSP ready, akin to like a finishing polish like Megs 205.

After all the polish was wiped off, I followed behind with Carpro Eraser. Not the first time I ever used it, and all I can say is like Zohan, "Silky Smooth"! Nice that there's no grabbing-dragging when removing. Nor changing of your polishing efforts to the finish.

OK, all done with prep, and while I do feel I was wasting good product on a junkmobile, out came a fresh 4oz bottle of Pinnacle Gold Label Diamond Paint Coating.

Sort of grabby, like the DP, hard to apply, and one usually over-applies, but got that done. The hardest part, worse IMO than the correction.

Well with a cure time of a supposed 12 hours, with not getting it wet, knowing well that rain has the probability every day here in the desert right now, I thought "Maybe I should protect this coating with some CP Reload.

So, out came my small bottle of Reload, and a MF Towel. I did not wait an hour, I waiting about 20 minutes to apply the reload. My version is about 3 months old.

Easy, no harder that any detailer spray, no streaking, hazing, clouding, nada, simple as pie.
I went around the car twice with the MF Towel, and I also treated all glass with Reload. Crystal
clear!

As I type these last words, the sky has opened up, thunder, lightning, and pouring rain. I'm sure the Reload will keep me "covered". Although I'm under a carport, the winds will bring in rain on the paint. Car looks good, considering it is a POS.
Mark

Corey
08-18-2014, 02:45 AM
Nice Mark! Interesting about no water for twelve hours. Sounds like a polymer sealant rule to me as coatings can generally get wet after an hour as long as you don't let the water dry on the surface as a precaution.