PDA

View Full Version : All Polishing Oils and Coatings to be Removed before CQuartz... Except For Essence?

Pharose
10-18-2017, 05:41 PM
So I've read many guides on the correct method to applying CQuartz, and they all involve a long cleaning process and a final decontamination before applying CQuartz. They all state that it's important to remove any wax, sealant or polishing oils before application and this makes sense.

But then I discovered CarPro Essence, which is a 3-in-1 product that corrects, polishes and seals, and after you wipe it off it will leave behind a coat of sealant which is supposed to remain on the vehicle when you apply CQuartz! I'm guessing this has something to do with the fact that Essence is a SiO2 based sealant, like CQuartz and Reload but surely there are other Si02 based sealants on the market? Does it seal in a similar fashion to Reload? Would it be beneficial to apply Reload before and after CQuartz?

One of the reasons I ask is because I'm not a huge fan of hybrid products. If Essence has correcting power then I would assume that it's more abrasive than a pure polish and if my CQuartz lasts more than a year then I'd rather not take shortcuts in the surface prep.

So to recap here are my questions:
-What sealants can I use BEFORE CQuartz? (Reload?)
-Can Essense produce a finish that is similar or better than a pure polish + pure sealant?

Merlin
10-18-2017, 05:58 PM
So to recap here are my questions:

1)-What sealants can I use BEFORE CQuartz? (Reload?)
2)-Can Essense produce a finish that is similar or better than a pure polish + pure sealant?

1) - None. They will interfere with CQuartz bonding.

2) - IIRC Essence is a combination of products.
Some of which are a very fine polish and a bonding agent that assists when applying CQuartz.
You can use a product like Eraser after Essence but if you wipe the surface clean after Essence...CQuartz bonding should be fine.

Other folks may chime in here...please correct me if I am mistaken.